#1 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Even though I have an ounce and a half of cascades in the keg and the hops arent as pronounced as I'd like I can see this keg being short lived. Very good, light with just enough mouthfeel. I'd call this one a success, deffinately brew this one again.

#2 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

MMmmm..... Cascade.....The HOP of all hops.BrewBasser

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:53 AM

Nice deal Brian. When you added the Cascade did you used whole or pellet? Did you put them in a hop sock or just toss them in or do you have a screen for the end of the beverage dip tube? I have an IPA I just put in secondary and I am thinking of Dry Hopping in the keg as well. Sounds like a great beer. Cascades are great just got a lb as well.

#4 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Nice deal Brian. When you added the Cascade did you used whole or pellet? Did you put them in a hop sock or just toss them in or do you have a screen for the end of the beverage dip tube? I have an IPA I just put in secondary and I am thinking of Dry Hopping in the keg as well. Sounds like a great beer. Cascades are great just got a lb as well.

The first time I added whole leaf (1/2 ounce) and wasnt impressed, maybe old hops. The second time I used frsh pellets (1 ounce) and it got way better. I used hop socks (womens nylons, sanitized) in the keg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users