#1 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I know we all use our chemicals for cleaning non-brewery items, a spray bottle of StarSan, etc. But I can't believe it took me this long to realize this secondary use...Last night my friend and I were up at Dino putting back beers and wings. I couldn't sleep because of some heartburn and had no pepcid on hand, but I suddenly realized that I could just take the CaCO3 I have for my mash, weigh out a half gram, dump it in a glass and pour some water over it. Man that saved me. I love how brewing stuff has clutch side uses.

#2 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Good thinking, that one would not have occured to me. I have found that PBW will take the stains off the inside of my stainless coffee pot that nothing else will remove.

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, I mean, it's basically just liquid Tums. It's actually probably cheaper than Tums too...

#4 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48095 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:32 AM

FWIW next, a little baking soda in water is the ultimate heartburn cure.

#5 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

Word, yeah, I have a box of sodium bicarbonate and I thought about using that too, it's basically Zegerid minus the proton pump inhibitor. I thought about that one but decided to not open the box, the only open box I have is in the fridge collecting smells. Seriously, I had to take these things on prescription for like a year, I'm amazed it took me so long to realize I just have this stuff in powder form.

#6 DigitalTaper

DigitalTaper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBinghamton, NY

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

I once brought home the bar fly everyone said to avoid. When I awoke and realized when I had done, I ran to the basement and proceeded to dunk my junk in the starsan bucket. :covreyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users