#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

I have 1 year before I go back to the keys. I screwed up and didn't think about it in time to take some brew with me. So, I plan on brewing a bunch of beer to take with me next time and I want a portable keg cooler. I'll have a 5# CO2 tank and I'm thinking 2 kegs per cooler with taps coming out of the sides or top. I think I have seen some 2.5 or 3 gallon kegs that are kettle shaped, is that the best thing to use? Anyone that has a parts list or some pictures would be helpful.Cheers,Rich

#2 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm assuming you are driving down. Google trashcan kegerator.Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Or of you don't mind spending the money, you could buy this.https://rapidswholes...e=PicnicCoolersPosted Image

#4 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68763 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

I have 1 year before I go back to the keys. I screwed up and didn't think about it in time to take some brew with me. So, I plan on brewing a bunch of beer to take with me next time and I want a portable keg cooler. I'll have a 5# CO2 tank and I'm thinking 2 kegs per cooler with taps coming out of the sides or top. I think I have seen some 2.5 or 3 gallon kegs that are kettle shaped, is that the best thing to use? Anyone that has a parts list or some pictures would be helpful.Cheers,Rich

look on the old greenboard for the shizzle

#5 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

look on the old greenboard for the shizzle

ShiznitA 5 gal cornie, picnic tap and a trashcan filled with ice is a lot cheaper.Two 2.5 or 3 gal cornies, tower and tap, 2.5 or 5 gal CO2 tank (5 is a tight squeeze) and a 70 qt Igloo Ice Cube cooler on wheels. I spent a year looking for cheap sources for all that and it did not end up being cheap for something that rarely gets used.

Edited by djinkc, 02 August 2010 - 05:26 AM.

#6 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16543 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

Shiznit

Here is my original Shiznit.....There are many like it, but this is the first. Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Here is my original Shiznit.....There are many like it, but this is the first. Posted ImagePosted Image

That is basically what I am looking for. I would use it quite a bit because I will bring over beer to parties and what not. Usually i use a trash can, but I want something that will travel well too. What kind of kegs are in that? Cheers,Rich

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Here is my original Shiznit.....There are many like it, but this is the first.

I have one I built very similar to that except I do not have the tower and use a paintball tank.Posted Image

#9 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16543 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

That is basically what I am looking for. I would use it quite a bit because I will bring over beer to parties and what not. Usually i use a trash can, but I want something that will travel well too. What kind of kegs are in that? Cheers,Rich

This can fit a mixed load of 2, 2.5, and 3g ball lock kegs. Its a tight fit, but a 5# co2 tank fits in there too. The only problem with this rig is the tower makes it tall so transport can be tricky. But on the other end, it can sit on the ground and you can pour a beer by walking up to it.

#10 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10759 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

I used a simple round kitchen garbage can with a picnic tap with pretty good luck. The can left a good amount of room for ice, the only problem was condensation. I recently got a 10 gallon Igloo round cooler and I want to give this a try. The entire keg doesn't fit in, but I figure the beer is actually dispensed from the bottom so if the bottom foot or so is ice cold the pours will be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users