#1 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31559 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

So on Saturday afternoon, me and the wife went to the Bear Republic Brewpub for lunch. After the lunch, they gave us those peppermint white/red breathmint things, so I pop one in and start teh sucking. My wife says that she doesn't want the rest of her wheat beer, so I take a big gulp of it with the mint in my mouth still. To my surprise, somehow the mint seemed to intensify the wheat flavor of the beer. My wife thought I was crazy and just trying to get her to try something gross, but I convinced her to try it and she experienced the same phenomenon.What is that all about? I would have thought that the peppermint would have totally taken over, but it seemed to be quite a good compliment. :huh:

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

So on Saturday afternoon, me and the wife went to the Bear Republic Brewpub for lunch. After the lunch, they gave us those peppermint white/red breathmint things, so I pop one in and start teh sucking. My wife says that she doesn't want the rest of her wheat beer, so I take a big gulp of it with the mint in my mouth still. To my surprise, somehow the mint seemed to intensify the wheat flavor of the beer. My wife thought I was crazy and just trying to get her to try something gross, but I convinced her to try it and she experienced the same phenomenon.What is that all about? I would have thought that the peppermint would have totally taken over, but it seemed to be quite a good compliment. :huh:

I sense a new beer recipe in your future - try it out!

#3 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87737 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

new product announcement from Annhueser-Busch - All-New Bud Light Pinky Wheat

#4 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31559 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

I sense a new beer recipe in your future - try it out!

lol, that would be freaky. Peppermint American Wheat. Sounds..... Strange. :huh:

#5 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

I had a chocolate mint stout the other evening and was actually quite suprised. They used real mint leaves, so it wasn't some peppermint explosion. More of an herbal thing with a touch of mint. Not too shabby.

#6 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49872 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

I have had several mint beer (brewed one too) all using fresh mint and I have never cared for the mintiness. Perhaps some dissolved candies would work better.

#7 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31559 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

It wasn't the mint that I was tripping on, it was how the peppermint seemed to intensify the wheat flavor in the beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users