- - - - -

First time brewing in the new house

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Making 10 gallons of Terrapin Rye clone today. Wish me luck.

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Have fun. Don't worry even with the new surroundinga it's just like riding a unicycle......Posted Image

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Making 10 gallons of Terrapin Rye clone today. Wish me luck.

good luck! :goodidea:

#4 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

They let you brew in prison?Edit: Oh, you meant that kind of house. :goodidea:

#5 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Congrats on brewing in the new digs. Hope you have a successful day and brew session. When I moved into my current house 6 years ago I learned that a ceramic stove sucks for heating 3 gallons of water (extract days) and switched to outside and propane burner brewing. Good Luck and Cheers!!

#6 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

Well it was a comedy of errors, but I got through it. I'm a tad rusty, but damnit I'm gonna RDWHAHB!

#7 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

What is this RDWHAHB that you speak of? Terrapin RPA is a good first beer to drink or brew in a new house. One of my favorites for sure!!! I have my own recipe I just might have to brew again soon. If not...I'll just have to go down to Athens and have a few pints at the brewery.

#8 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

What is this RDWHAHB that you speak of? Terrapin RPA is a good first beer to drink or brew in a new house. One of my favorites for sure!!! I have my own recipe I just might have to brew again soon. If not...I'll just have to go down to Athens and have a few pints at the brewery.

The brewery in Frederick, MD used to contract for Terrapin. I'd go on tours all the time and have some Rye PA straight from the brite tanks. I was very sad when Fly Dog bought the brewery and stopped contracting.

Edited by BigBossMan, 23 July 2010 - 09:28 PM.

#9 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

The brewery in Frederick, MD used to contract for Terrapin. I'd go on tours all the time and have some Rye PA straight from the brite tanks. I was very sad when Fly Dog bought the brewery and stopped contracting.

I'm quite torn by your words. I know the both quite well...Terrapin and Flying Dog. I like both of their beers. Without going into details too much....the acquisition of Frederick Brewing Co by Flying Dog turned out good for Flying Dog and Terrapin. The timing was perfect...just before the financial fiasco...and in the midst of a resurgence of craft beer. It NEVER ceases to amaze me just how tight the craft beer industry is...they all support eachother...have you ever heard a negative add from one craft brewer towards another??? I haven't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users