11 replies to this topic

#1 Spodorama

Spodorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

https://www.twinbeer.com/?p=306

Bacon Beer does exist! You can get your fill of it at the Front Street Ale House/San Juan Brewing Company in San Juan, Washington. The Bacon Beer they brew is considered an American Pale Ale and is rather low in alcohol at only 3.1%. Its a "pale ale infused with lean bacon". They also brew a pepper beer called Ale Diablo.

Pity I'm in Australia, but that page has a link to a Bacon Beer recipe:(NSFW words used)https://groceryeats..../26/bacon-beer/Why have I not found this sooner? (Hi, BTW. My name is Spodorama, and I'm an Aussie woman who likes beer and bacon. Nice forum you have here!)

#2 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

Welcome to the forum!I've never had that beer, but I do like bacon, and of course I like beer.With that said, I probably won't try this any time soon, there are already too many beers on my to-do list!

#3 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

Welcome aboard! :huh: mmmmmm bacon. I think nailing down a good smoked beer is a good challenge for any brewer. Making it taste like bacon is just going for bonus points.

#4 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:41 AM

Welcome,Hey, didn't one of the last issues of BYO have a bacon beer recipe in it? Actually, I just checked and it does.

#5 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9738 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

I had a bacon beer when I was in Chicago earlier in the year at Goose Island. It was an interesting concept, but I think I have ordered my last. I like bacon and I like beer. Together.....not so much.

#6 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

I had a bacon beer when I was in Chicago earlier in the year at Goose Island. It was an interesting concept, but I think I have ordered my last. I like bacon and I like beer. Together.....not so much.

+1It was interesting but I was happy I ordered the bourbon barrel aged doppelbock instead :huh:

#7 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

There are lots of bacon beers being made out there. IMO, the most successful don't have any bacon at all, just smoked malt and high sodium. I find the ones with real bacon are oily (no head retention) and have a nasty stew kind of flavor. I had one recently made by Uncommon Brewing that was made with uncured pork belly. It was some of the most foul stuff I have ever ingested (and I've eaten/drank some nasty shit before). Bacon does NOT make everything better (just most things).

#8 Spodorama

Spodorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

Thanks very much for the welcomes! :smilielol: Bacon beer is an awesome idea, but probably can't live up to expectations, although I'd still like to try it.Bacon is best chewed, not sipped. :goodidea:What sort of beer would go well with this? Posted Image:rolf:

#9 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Wow! I love bacon as much as the next guy, but that's a lot of bacon!

#10 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64177 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

LOL, bacon turtles.

#11 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49872 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

I need a recipe for those bacon turtle looking things.

#12 Spodorama

Spodorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

I need a recipe for those bacon turtle looking things.

Here's one:https://followmyreci...burger-fun.htmlHave fun! And post pics if you do actually make them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users