#1 OhioMurb

OhioMurb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Heading up to Northern Michigan - Mackinaw Brewing Company...Right Brain Brewing...psyched about the Jolly Pumpkin location and maybe Big Buck. Any suggestions? recommendations?

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Heading up to Northern Michigan - Mackinaw Brewing Company...Right Brain Brewing...psyched about the Jolly Pumpkin location and maybe Big Buck. Any suggestions? recommendations?

SHORTS! Everything I have had from them is great! I have some Family that went to Right brain and they thought it ws pretty good too.

#3 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

I've got a friend working for Short's be sure to stop by there. I've enjoyed the vast majority of the beers I've had out of that state.

#4 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:24 AM

I've got a friend working for Short's be sure to stop by there. I've enjoyed the vast majority of the beers I've had out of that state.

Good point. I really haven't had any bad beer from MI; some of it, I just wouldn't buy another pint. The only place I've been to that wasn't worth the time was Saugatuk brewing; and they may have changed that, but it was pretty week when I went about a year ago. Everything else, including the places I had never heard of have been great! You're in for a great treat.JOLLY PUMPKIN!!

#5 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

I will third Shorts....I just had a Bellaire Brown from them that I brought back when I went back to the Midwest....I liked it better than Moose Drool which was my previous favorite brown ale.

#6 Nick Bates

Nick Bates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWestland,Mi

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

Shorts for sure, Geez I kinda take for granted living in Michigan and can get these beers year round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users