#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

So we are headed on a vacation on Thursday. Taking the truck out to Estes Park, CO. I have 3 cases that I am taking with me and am probably a bit paranoid. I took the dividers out of the cases and put 6 pack carriers in them and then stuffed some paper towels in and around the bottles. Am I safe??? I'd hate to arrive in Colorado to find 144 broken bottles.

#2 North

North

Drunk and Ghey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

you can always drink them in the car so you'll have less than 144 when you get there

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

you can always drink them in the car so you'll have less than 144 when you get there

Drinking and Driving with a minor in the vehicle equals Felony. But I know you were joking. And for as good of an idea that is, the idea is for me to take some for everyone to have next week.

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

So we are headed on a vacation on Thursday. Taking the truck out to Estes Park, CO. I have 3 cases that I am taking with me and am probably a bit paranoid. I took the dividers out of the cases and put 6 pack carriers in them and then stuffed some paper towels in and around the bottles. Am I safe??? I'd hate to arrive in Colorado to find 144 broken bottles.

Why are you worried about the bottles breaking? How do you think bottles get delivered to the store?

#5 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

Why are you worried about the bottles breaking? How do you think bottles get delivered to the store?

This.

#6 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

:chug: I don't know... they just seemed to be "clanking" a lot. Hey, I did ask if I was paranoid! :cheers:

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

:chug: I don't know... they just seemed to be "clanking" a lot. Hey, I did ask if I was paranoid! :cheers:

my bad - yes! :cheers:

#8 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

I think you have seen my two beercation posts on my blog...those 8+ cases all traveled in their original packaging in the trunk of my car. One trip was 15 hours the other was 12...not one broken bottle.

#9 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Sticking them in a car I'd worry most about the temperature. If they're in the car with you and AC is on the whole time, it's fine. But if you plan on parking the car and doing some hikes along the way or packing them in the trunk I'd use coolers and ice packs. Otherwise, the 6-pack carriers are convenient to have, and I'd use the papertowels to stop any annoying rattling that can happen in the back of the car, and then they are useful for cleanup, so you're utilizing your packing space.

#10 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

I can assure you that if you take 3 cases you won't have 144 broken bottles.Posted Image

#11 North

North

Drunk and Ghey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Drinking and Driving with a minor in the vehicle equals Felony. But I know you were joking. And for as good of an idea that is, the idea is for me to take some for everyone to have next week.

ya i was kidding...i think you should be good to go!

#12 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Sticking them in a car I'd worry most about the temperature. If they're in the car with you and AC is on the whole time, it's fine. But if you plan on parking the car and doing some hikes along the way or packing them in the trunk I'd use coolers and ice packs. Otherwise, the 6-pack carriers are convenient to have, and I'd use the papertowels to stop any annoying rattling that can happen in the back of the car, and then they are useful for cleanup, so you're utilizing your packing space.

This problem can be solved by storing them in my wine cellar.How long you going to be up in the park? I'll be up there next weekend.

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

This problem can be solved by storing them in my wine cellar.How long you going to be up in the park? I'll be up there next weekend.

We arrive on the 17th and I'm leaving on Saturday the 24th.Oh... and I realized I'm taking 72 bottles. :cheers: For some reason, I had it in my head that I was taking full batches up... which would have been 144 bottles.

#14 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

ya i was kidding...i think you should be good to go!

meant to add a :cheers: ... maybe a :chug: ... or a :cheers: ... but definitely a :smilielol: .I just forget to use the emoticons these days because I'm too damn lazy! :smilielol:

#15 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

We arrive on the 17th and I'm leaving on Saturday the 24th.Oh... and I realized I'm taking 72 bottles. :cheers: For some reason, I had it in my head that I was taking full batches up... which would have been 144 bottles.

You actually had me wondering as I have a client booked for a bit of gnarly hike next weekend. He is also leaving the end of this week to spend the week in Estes with his family vacationing and acclimating before we head out. Only info I got on him so far is he's from the west coast and bikes 25 miles a day.Safe to say it's not you :chug:

#16 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

You actually had me wondering as I have a client booked for a bit of gnarly hike next weekend. He is also leaving the end of this week to spend the week in Estes with his family vacationing and acclimating before we head out. Only info I got on him so far is he's from the west coast and bikes 25 miles a day.Safe to say it's not you :cheers:

No, that does not resemble me at all. :chug: I'm not sure I could handle the terrain out there biking, let alone 25 miles. But the coincidence is otherwise amazing, huh? Do you know if there is anything going on in Estes Park right now (other than it apparently being a beautiful place) that would cause people to flock there with their families?

#17 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

meant to add a :cheers: ... maybe a :chug: ... or a :cheers: ... but definitely a :smilielol: .I just forget to use the emoticons these days because I'm too damn lazy! :smilielol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqSBZ8Xsjiw

#18 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqSBZ8Xsjiw

Epic!I'm almost considering having this thread move over to the PH. I'll let the the mod overlords determine that. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :chug: :cheers: :cheers: :smilielol:

#19 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

So, what are you doing Tuesday and Wednesday?

Not to sure yet. Are you going to be up in Estes Park?

#20 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

No, that does not resemble me at all. :unsure: I'm not sure I could handle the terrain out there biking, let alone 25 miles. But the coincidence is otherwise amazing, huh? Do you know if there is anything going on in Estes Park right now (other than it apparently being a beautiful place) that would cause people to flock there with their families?

I might be up there the evening of Friday the 23rd but otherwise I'll just miss you as I'll definitely be there Saturday and Sunday.This guy is biking 25 miles daily to train for the hike he wants to do. Probably overkill but I'm not going to stop him. I much rather have an in shape client than one I've got to worry about going into cardiac arrest every 50'.There is always something going on up in Estes in the summer. I don't think there are any big festivals right now. I don't spend much time in town other than the bar at Ed's Cantina. I tend to hang out in the less visited sections of RMNP in the summer time. It's warm up there right now with the high's in the 80's but nights are still in the 50's. You been there before I presume? Got some favorite hikes planned? To keep this on topic with the beer forum, the beers at the Estes Park brewery are not my favorite but worth a try if you haven't had them. Definitely pass on the food at the brewery though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users