#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

so... I have wanted to go the last couple of years.. but last couple of years it has been around 1200 bucks to go at the oktoberfest timeline....but this year tickets are like 700 bucks.. and i have allready been to germany tiwce, and I have a lot of german friends and I know atleast one of them would let me stay for free. I was thinking a month. september 14th-october 16th. I could enjoy oktoberfest, and I could maybe visit some breweries too! has anyone else ever done this? just curious.

#2 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have never done this but my wife and I will be going this year. Only staying for a week but I'm sure it will be fun.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

I went to Germany and Munich for two weeks when I was in high school. I have many german relatives. I have gone to the Oktoberfest grounds but it was in August so not for the the festival. It was a sweet place. I hope you get to go too. Hopefully someday I can get back again. I was only 18 back then and didn't even know how to brew beer. Its a great place.

#4 dmtaylor

dmtaylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationTwo Rivers, WI

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

I've never been there, but from what I've heard, I hope you like helles..... they serve only the yellow fizzy there, not the amber Oktoberfestbier that we know and love here in the States. My guess is that you'd have to get off the beaten paths for the real Okts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users