#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

My two plants are doing great for the soil i have.My NB has some nice cones,a couple already have yellow lupilin out the sides.My Cascade is going to be a real bonanza of cones if they finish developing.Too soon to figure out how to use them, but they look promising.Oh, by the way i killed three beatles on them today,and missed atleast that many.Going to do some Jap beatle hunting in the morning.

#2 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

My cascades are doing well overall, and putting out a lot of spurs and cones now. Unfortunately, a couple of the bines look diseased, and I'm not sure what I should do.My centennials, are slow but steady for the most part, just fairly unimpressive, and don't expect to get many cones from them this year.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

Cascades are looking good. Some pests are munching on the leaves a little bit but nothing real serious yet. Looks like it will be a pretty good harvest this year :cheers:

#4 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3606 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Hops evidently don't like really sandy soil. Year 4, they get about 2 to 4' then wilt off. Never more than a couple of cones. The first two years I was watering the hell out of 'em, fertilizer, etc. but I've given up. :cheers:

#5 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

My cascades are going crazy...already had some mature cones (maybe 10-15 or so) and have a crapton of small young cones on right now. Should be a good crop. Thinking of using them for dry-hopping.

#6 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21386 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

Burning up.100 df here today.No rain for the last 2 weeks other than the summer showers in the afternoon.

#7 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

The aphids got mine. I didn't want to use any pesticides so I released a box of lady bugs on them. They did their job and ate up all the aphids but not in time. My crop will be weak this year. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users