13 replies to this topic

#1 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

We blew through the keg of my first beer last night. :) And there isn't another one ready. :cheers: And I only get one spot in the kegerator, so I have to drink flat beer for a couple of days anyway.

#2 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

don't drink flat beer....... go buy something delicious.... use it as an opportunity to research some commercial examples. Drinking homebrew before it's ready is a big fat WASTE IMO.

#3 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

don't drink flat beer....... go buy something delicious.... use it as an opportunity to research some commercial examples. Drinking homebrew before it's ready is a big fat WASTE IMO.

THIS

#4 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

How about a recommendation for a low hop beer that I might like. I like Oberon a lot, but I can't have wheat anymore because of allergies. What I love about brewing is that I get to make what I like. The one we just blew through was right up my alley, base malt, some crystal 60, a little oatmeal, Kolsch yeast and 1 oz german hops.I need to brew again. But I have one aging and one I racked last night, so I'm getting ahead.

#5 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:03 AM

any micros in your area?? I love to head down and browse. It's nice to go looking for something specific but I find I am happiest going to a place with good selection and following my "nose" so to speak. Go somewhere with selection and make some good selections!

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Are you asking for recommendations of commercial beers or homebrew recipes you can make? Many of the recipes on my site would be up your alley as most of them run from 20 to 30 IBUs and I enjoy malty beers used with Noble hops. Cheers & sorry about the blown keg... may it be the first of many.

#7 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Ken, I've perused your site, and they all look great. I'm making the Cabana Lager next. I'm looking for a commercial beer to tide me over.

#8 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

Ken, I've perused your site, and they all look great. I'm making the Cabana Lager next. I'm looking for a commercial beer to tide me over.

If you have a Bevmo in your area, just go grab a bunch of ones that you have never tried before. I do that all the time and really enjoy the surprises. :)

#9 Recklessdeck

Recklessdeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLawrence

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

How about a recommendation for a low hop beer that I might like. I like Oberon a lot, but I can't have wheat anymore because of allergies. What I love about brewing is that I get to make what I like. The one we just blew through was right up my alley, base malt, some crystal 60, a little oatmeal, Kolsch yeast and 1 oz german hops.I need to brew again. But I have one aging and one I racked last night, so I'm getting ahead.

If you can get Oberon, then try to find some other of Bell's beers. I bet you would like their lager or their third coast beer. Or, Goose island summertime is a kolsch, and prob available in your area.

#10 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

If you can get Oberon, then try to find some other of Bell's beers. I bet you would like their lager or their third coast beer. Or, Goose island summertime is a kolsch, and prob available in your area.

Sounds good. We live near Bell's, so it's at the local grocery store.

#11 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

I have been making and drinking a bunch of simple cream ale lately. I almost feel guilty for liking it so much.

#12 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

*whistles while not looking anywhere particular*BrewBasser

#13 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

Comptroller of Ivory Powers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Pipe down over there! You get my moolah when I can finally find some Torpedo locally! :cheers:I might have to venture around after work to see if I can find some because I have yet to even try it.

#14 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

:cheers:Pipe down, you. You're on the list already. :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users