4 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

I'm not super familiar with chocolate and coffee malt so I was hoping someone would share what they think about these when compared to roasted barley with respect to flavor.

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

I'm not super familiar with chocolate and coffee malt so I was hoping someone would share what they think about these when compared to roasted barley with respect to flavor.

in contrast to roasted barly Chocolate malt is lighter, sweeter, tangier, less 'burnt" in flavor and color In my perception, no experience with coffee malt

#3 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26175 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Coffee malt is somewhere in between chocolate and black patent IMO. You get the more assertive roast profile with less of the acrid notes I associate with black patent.

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

in contrast to roasted barly Chocolate malt is lighter, sweeter, tangier, less 'burnt" in flavor and color In my perception, no experience with coffee malt

Coffee malt is somewhere in between chocolate and black patent IMO. You get the more assertive roast profile with less of the acrid notes I associate with black patent.

sounds like chocolate is more my cup of tea.

#5 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

sounds like chocolate is more my cup of tea.

Zym speaking of coffee malt, you forgot to say "no pun intended"....unless of course it was intended,in which case...carry on sir! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users