#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

My Long holiday kicked off at 2pm (WOOT!) I am mashing now,finally making an IPA (chinook ipa)after a three month holiday from IPA's.Based loosely on Northern Brewer's chinook IPA. I plan on making a cream ale this weekend also. :cheers: and :scratch:

#2 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'm in for two batches this weekend after almost a 45 day brewing drought! I have a batch of Barefoot Pale Ale (my house APA) planned for tonight and a batch of my Blues Berry Wheat Ale (an unfiltered blueberry wheat ale). Brew'm strong gentlemen!

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

I'm in for two batches this weekend after almost a 45 day brewing drought! I have a batch of Barefoot Pale Ale (my house APA) planned for tonight and a batch of my Blues Berry Wheat Ale (an unfiltered blueberry wheat ale). Brew'm strong gentlemen!

Rare Vos clonage.

#4 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

Rare Vos clonage.

Hey, watch your mouth Mister! Actually, I don't know what that means...

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hey, watch your mouth Mister! Actually, I don't know what that means...

ummmmm - I'll be trying to clone Rare Vos :scratch:

#6 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48043 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

Brewed 10 gal last night, so the ferment freezer will still be full over the weekend. I want to do more partying and drinking than brewing this weekend.

#7 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26195 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Drinking and welding ... No brewing. I plan to do alot of work on the new brewstand over the 3 day weekend

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

Just weighted out my grains for my planned brew for friday. I am going to do 10 gallons of American Wheat in commemoration to the July 4th holiday. Had to go today to LHBS to get some rice hulls for the brew so I decided to get a smack pack of Wyeast 1010 never brewed with it before and thats starting to swell up now too. This batch will be a split between 1056 and 1010. I also signed myself up for a second brewfest here locally and commited to 4 beers, Pale Ale, Tripel, Belg IPA and Oktoberfest for an October festival so I will be brewing for that and another August festival. Gonna be a sweet weekend and up coming few months. Cheers guys and to all your service men and woman I salute you with a pint as well, thanks for securing my freedom to brew!! Thank you!!Mike

#9 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

ummmmm - I'll be trying to clone Rare Vos :cheers:

Ahhhh, Ommegang's Belgian something or other. Got it, I have no knowledge of Belgian beers so you'll have to forgive :scratch:

#10 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

Are we giving FB updates of the Potomac Brewing company for these as well? Just thought I would ask in case I should watch over there. Hope the brews go well!!Mike

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Making an ultra-light, island-style lager for some family that's coming to stay with us in late July/early August. Some pale malt, a pound of Vienna, a pound of flaked rice and a pound of flaked corn :scratch: , an ounce of Tettnanger for 60 and an ounce of Hersbrucker for 5 all fermented with 2278 Czech Lager yeast. 4.5%, 20 IBU, SRM 3. This is my "55 is the new 64". :cheers: :smilielol: :smilielol:

#12 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

I think I am, I hope to brew up a batches this weekend one Pale and one IPA.

#13 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

Brewed a variation of the MLPA that I am going to pitch WY1762 (Belgian Abbey II). If fermented cool, it comes out quite nice and surprisingly neutral.

#14 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16535 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Alt and BGS.

#15 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

Ahhhh, Ommegang's Belgian something or other. Got it, I have no knowledge of Belgian beers so you'll have to forgive :scratch:

It's a good one to try out I think. It's very tame by belgian standards so it's a good one if you'd like to transition into the more serious stuff.

#16 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

Are we giving FB updates of the Potomac Brewing company for these as well? Just thought I would ask in case I should watch over there. Hope the brews go well!!Mike

Haha...we are! You must be a friend! Obviously, I have WAY too much time on my hands eh?!

It's a good one to try out I think. It's very tame by belgian standards so it's a good one if you'd like to transition into the more serious stuff.

The only Beligans I've liked are some of the Saisons out there. I know a lot of brewers love them but I can't wrap my taste buds are the flavor for whatever reason. It's a shame because I've tried to like them, just can't...

#17 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

The only Beligans I've liked are some of the Saisons out there. I know a lot of brewers love them but I can't wrap my taste buds are the flavor for whatever reason. It's a shame because I've tried to like them, just can't...

Same here. I know that so many brewers love these beers but every time I try, I have an issue with the flavor. I'm also not a 9% sort of beer drinker so that's a problem too. Bubble gummy, sour, overly-complex, raisiny... blah. We had a local tasting recently where we sampled Kwak. Everyone in the group was going gaga over it and I couldn't get out fast enough. Dreadful stuff, sorry. :scratch:

#18 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Rare Vos clonage.

Glad to hear that you're ready to attempt this one. We'll need updates, obviously. :scratch: I'll be brewing at some point this weekend, but it's the Waterfront Blues Festival as well (Fri-Mon) and I'll be getting down allll weekend. Might take off work on Tuesday for my B-day and do some Brew-BQ'ing then. What to brew? Now, that is the question.

#19 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

I think I might brew some MLPA this weekend. I gotta get some chores done first on Saturday, but all I gotta do is haul out the ingredients.Cheers,Rich

#20 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

I think I might brew some MLPA this weekend. I gotta get some chores done first on Saturday, but all I gotta do is haul out the ingredients.Cheers,Rich

That idea crossed my mind last week and I cranked out a batch this past Monday. It's fermenting in the low 60s with ultra-fresh 1056. Cheers Amigo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users