#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Anyone know of a website or page out there that lists Homebrew Competitions that are being held around the country and throughout the year? I am wanting to see if there are any out there that might look of interest to throw some entries at as well. :scratch:

#2 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

brewhead's thread here is pretty old, but the link target is updated for 2010.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

BJCP is all I've ever seen. What's annoying is that events tend to not get added until they are closer to actually happening so planning too far ahead isn't always possible.

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Odacream. That is exactly what I had in mind.

BJCP is all I've ever seen. What's annoying is that events tend to not get added until they are closer to actually happening so planning too far ahead isn't always possible.

Zym, I know your feelings on that one too. Sorta figures it can lead to less entries but I have even seen my HB club cut back entries just for ease of event.

#5 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

I think comps are added as soon as they're registered and paid for. In that case, the problem is tardy event organizers rather than the BJCP.

#6 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29283 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Most comps are held around the same time each year so look up a few comps through out the year and plan around the each year. The other option is to look for comps that are part of a circuit that gives points for a brewer of the year those comps are usually pretty consistent from year to year with the scheduling. They also tend to be larger comps because the clubs tend to support one another comps with entries and judging.In FLABest Fl - Beginning Feb - TampaCoconut - End of Feb - Ft LauderdaleHurricane - End of March - MiamiHogtown - beginning May - GainesvilleFirst Coast - End of July - JacksonvilleSAAZ - Begginning of Sept - space coast areasunshine - End of Oct begging Nov - OrlandoBecause of the nature of the circuit the comps will be within a week or 2 every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users