#1 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12417 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hellz yeah! Been a while since I got someone into this glorious hobby. :rolleyes: Gonna start him off with an extract kit and walk him through the first brew.

#2 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Walk him through a 6 hour batch, then make him do all the cleanup. If he still wants to brew after that, you've got a winner. :P Seriously though, cheers to you for recruiting a new brewer. :facepalm:

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

Sweet! I've got a buddy who has been helping me out a bit. So when my equipment is not in use, we do a batch for him. It seems a shame to have a nice AG system, fermenter and cooling chamber not being used for its intended purpose. He pays for ingredients and gets virgin bottles from a client that works at a glass factory! And we get to spend some time together having fun!

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Walk him through a 6 hour batch, then make him do all the cleanup. If he still wants to brew after that, you've got a winner. :P Seriously though, cheers to you for recruiting a new brewer. :facepalm:

The 6 hour AG with cleanup is the only way my buddy knows that beer is made! And he hasn't complained about it. But then he's got 3 young ones... so it might REALLY be a WIN for him!

#5 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21359 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

I just hooked a couple of new ones myself.Both are folks here from Mission Year.One couple is staying here the other might be moving back to Ohio.They love the beer I make and when I told them is costs around .40/pint they were hooked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users