#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

I had a micro(nano probably)brewed beer for lunch today. There's a hole in the wall place near work that is a sports pub called Charrans. They had their own ale so i tried it.I could tell for the first time that they used the same bittering hop(s) as SNPA and definitely had a cascade as the finishing hop, but not as much hop presence as SNPA. Pretty good beer, but I think it could benefit from a tiny bit more maltiness and a tad more finishing hops to get it really balanced and aromatic beer.Just a solid American Ale.Cheers,Rich

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

I had a micro(nano probably)brewed beer for lunch today. There's a hole in the wall place near work that is a sports pub called Charrans. They had their own ale so i tried it.I could tell for the first time that they used the same bittering hop(s) as SNPA and definitely had a cascade as the finishing hop, but not as much hop presence as SNPA. Pretty good beer, but I think it could benefit from a tiny bit more maltiness and a tad more finishing hops to get it really balanced and aromatic beer.Just a solid American Ale.Cheers,Rich

did you ask for a tour of the brewery?

#3 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

did you ask for a tour of the brewery?

They don't brew it on site. I suspect that they farm it out and put their name on it, but next time I will ask.Cheers,Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users