#21 Nick Bates

Nick Bates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWestland,Mi

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

You know, It's funny that I didn't see this when it was new, but I use the exact same setup. Brass knob and everything. Actually, I think it's the same company too.

its a morroneturkey fryer. does yours work? ive done everything that everyone has told me to do and still cannot get a blue flame coming off of it. If you have any hints let me know.

#22 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

have you checked for blockage in the cast iron neck of the burner assembly, that sounds like what the symptoms are describing, rust flakes gave me grief with the morrone I use for my water heaing

#23 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

I'm not completely sure about the blue flame. The Fryer works and it fits my Keggle on perfectly. I haven't messed around with the oxygen knob too much. I just thought to check it after reading this thread. My fryer works fine for brewing otherwise though.I have noticed that the flame seems to change intensity as the burner heats up a little. I'll have to really pay attention to it the next time I brew.

#24 Nick Bates

Nick Bates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWestland,Mi

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

have you checked for blockage in the cast iron neck of the burner assembly, that sounds like what the symptoms are describing, rust flakes gave me grief with the morrone I use for my water heaing

never checked, i will do that tommarow for sure though. thanks

#25 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25633 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

sometimes a hose with the wrong regulator gets used. I am pretty sure any turkey fryer should use a 10 PSI regulator. There are 1, 2 & 5 PSI hoses out there.Make sure everything is wide open, tank, hose and the air valve on teh back of the burner. Also make sure the connects are good and tight and do not leak. The big plastic nut that connects to the tank should be good and hand tight. The connection to the burner, use a few wraps of teflon tape and give it a moderate tightening with a wrench. Do not worry, teflon tape has no adhesive, you are not making a permanent connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users