#1 North

North

Drunk and Ghey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

been thinking about putting labels on my beer. anyone know where i can get some good cheap ones?

#2 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

Design and print on your computer. Take them to a copier place to make copies. Cut them out and use milk as an adhesive.

#3 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19206 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

Rubber cement also works well and can be peeled off. Here are some labels I've made from images on the internet and printed out:Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image(Tipsy Quaker was an oatmeal stout, SSOS and B52 were referenced in the classic internet recipes thread, and the bohemian pilsener should be self-explanatory)

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Rubber cement also works well and can be peeled off. Here are some labels I've made from images on the internet and printed out:

boobs, boobs, boobs, QUAKER!!!I think I've discovered a new version of duck, duck, goose.

#5 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

If you've got a color laser printer at work, print on that, the ink wont run. Not that I would ever use work resources like that. Once they're cut out, I like to use 3M spray adhesive, available at any hardware store, looks like spray paint. Just a light mist of it will make it stick pretty well. Don't spray too much, it can get soggy and slippery and leave a residue.

#6 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

https://www.beerlabelizer.com/

#7 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

On the occasions that I bottle, I like to make my own labels using a few different software programs (photoshop, word, etc...) to get my desired effect and then I upload the files to Kinkos.com for printing. A sheet of labels is only 59 cents (3-4 labels per sheet, roughly $10 for a full batch). Just cut out the labels and then paste them onto the bottles with a cheap glue stick.

#8 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

Forget the milk. use a gluestick.The only problem is they do come off when they get wet. So throwing a few in a cooler with melting ice will give you a new guessing game to play at the picnic.

#9 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

Are your labels going to be for art or for identification?If just for identification, what I do is get 1 inch round label stickers (you can get them at an office supply store), and either run them through the printer and print a simple ID, or just write on the sticker, and place it on the cap. This makes it really easy to identify the beer, and when you are done with it, you don't have to worry about removing any labels from the glass again.If you are doing labels for art, completely disregard my comment.

#10 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19206 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

(3-4 labels per sheet, roughly $10 for a full batch).

I make my labels 2.50"x3.33" so that 9 of them will fit on a 7.5"x10" section. That lets me print out 9 at a time, leaving a 1/2" margin all the way around.

#11 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47968 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

https://www.beerlabelizer.com/

That is extremely cool. :shock:

#12 jayb151

jayb151