#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64150 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:49 AM

www.conical-fermenters.comThat tangential entry brew kettle is suh-weet!

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

www.conical-fermenters.comThat tangential entry brew kettle is suh-weet!

i just did a cut and paste and that address doesn't seem to be right.

#3 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25672 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:49 AM

i just did a cut and paste and that address doesn't seem to be right.

Try this

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64150 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

Ooops, sorry. zymot has the right link. I added the 's' onto fermenter. That's what I get for trying to use my memory. :frank:

#5 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25672 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Check this outhttps://sfbay.craigs...1777524294.html7 Barrel Brewery - Featuring Copper Kettle - $60,000 (sunnyvale)7 Barrel Brewing System 7 Barrel Copper Kettle Crafted by Fred Zaft - Most kettles today only are copper clad if they have any copper at all. 1 Mash Tun with agitators, 1 Lauter Tun, 1 Hot Liqour Tank, 1 Alfa Laval Heat Exchanger, 3 - Stainless Steel Conical Fermenters, 7 - 7 Barrel Aging / Brite Tanks, 2 - CO2 Tanks - Large, 1 - CO2 Tank - Smaller, 1 - Nitrogen/CO2 Tank,1 - Oxygen Tank, 1 - Helium Tank, 2 - Stainless mash paddles, 4 - Total Pumps (2 on carts, 1 Vorlauf, 1 for the HLT), ~50 Kegs (Many half barrels & some other sizes) Many Hoses with Tri-Clamp Fittings Gas Regulators, manifolds, etc... Beer line Pump, fittings, splitters, etc... Stainless Fittings, spare parts, Lab equipment, etc...Too much to list. Click on the hyperlink to see more pictures. Or this babyhttps://sfbay.craigs...1779534079.html8.5bbl Ripley's Brewing System - $75,000 (petaluma)Available: 8.5 bbl Ripley's brew system including: 8.5 bbl (10 hl) stainless Ripley’s brewhouse (gas-fired kettle + mash/lauter tun) 3 glycol clad fermenters (8.5 bbl) + Pro Chilling Systems glycol chiller system 3 single wall conditioning tanks (8.5 bbl) 4 Pub Brewing Systems single wall brite beer tanks (7 bbl) Portable variable speed pump Portable fixed speed pump Water conditioning system Hot & cold liquor tanks Ajax Boiler Inc. water heater Free-standing whirlpool Grist case + 2 part flex auger Mill Walk-in cooler Brewhouse platform + stairs 2 rolling CIP tanks Brewery hardware including pumps, pipes, hoses & connectors, heat exchanger

#6 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31558 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

https://sfbay.craigs...1779534079.html8.5bbl Ripley's Brewing System - $75,000 (petaluma)Available: 8.5 bbl Ripley's brew system including: 8.5 bbl (10 hl) stainless Ripley’s brewhouse (gas-fired kettle + mash/lauter tun) 3 glycol clad fermenters (8.5 bbl) + Pro Chilling Systems glycol chiller system 3 single wall conditioning tanks (8.5 bbl) 4 Pub Brewing Systems single wall brite beer tanks (7 bbl) Portable variable speed pump Portable fixed speed pump Water conditioning system Hot & cold liquor tanks Ajax Boiler Inc. water heater Free-standing whirlpool Grist case + 2 part flex auger Mill Walk-in cooler Brewhouse platform + stairs 2 rolling CIP tanks Brewery hardware including pumps, pipes, hoses & connectors, heat exchanger

Sweet! 15 minutes away for me. Maybe i'll try and talk the wifey into letting me pick it up! :frank:

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64150 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

I think I might get the 19.8 gallon tangential inlet kettle. That's just too cool.

#8 Poobah58

Poobah58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Milford, CT

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

I think I might get the 19.8 gallon tangential inlet kettle. That's just too cool.

I was going to but the shipping was $82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64150 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:27 AM

I was going to but the shipping was $82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not that bad. It is coming from the west coast.

#10 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

Damn, those prices are pretty fair for the brew kettle. I'm with you guys, that 19.8 with the tangential inlet is looking like a winner. I really like the lip on the bottom too. Those are a big boost in burner/propane efficiency.

#11 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

this is sooo tempting. My credit card is almost paid off! Once I have my own place I will likely be ordering some gear from here to get a nice clean set up.

#12 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31558 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

what is this transgential inlet thingy?And no doubt those are some awesome prices for conicals too.

#13 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8264 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:51 PM

what is this transgential inlet thingy?And no doubt those are some awesome prices for conicals too.

It's a whirlpooling inlet. Basically a ss nipple welded on a tangent to the wall of the kettle to help get the whirlpool going.

#14 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64150 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

I just got a little unexpected mid-year bonus. I might have to put my order in. :shock:

#15 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

A friend of mine has a conical and regrets taking the lesser dollar option he mentions almost every time how he wishes he bought a blichmann not sure of his reasons but just a thought.......

Edited by nbbeerguy, 16 June 2010 - 02:03 PM.

#16 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

Just found out these guys are a local company. No shipping costs FTW!

#17 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13086 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

A friend of mine has a conical and regrets taking the lesser dollar option he mentions almost every time how he wishes he bought a blichmann not sure of his reasons but just a thought.......

Did he order from this place?I just got a 14gl Blichmann in today and the prices on that site are making me think I may have messed up.Edit: Well throw in the casters and the price goes up some. I can't find the gauge of the SS they are using. I also like the fact that you can pressurize the Blichmann and rack without the aid of gravity.

Edited by VolFan, 16 June 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#18 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Im not sure but he said something to the fact that Blichmann does something differently than the less expensive brands I will find out at next home brew club meeting and report back

#19 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

That site has some damn good prices.MolBasser

#20 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

Did he order from this place?I just got a 14gl Blichmann in today and the prices on that site are making me think I may have messed up.Edit: Well throw in the casters and the price goes up some. I can't find the gauge of the SS they are using. I also like the fact that you can pressurize the Blichmann and rack without the aid of gravity.

After you get used to it the price will be forgotten eventually. It's one BUI that I'll never regret. Harvesting yeast is easy. Fermenting blind gets easy too. Clean transfers are easy and you can primary and secondary in the same vessel if you want. He hadn't come out with the casters yet when I bought mine. So a little DIY. Mine isn't as stable since the casters are bolted to the extension legs. It doesn't have to be moved far at my place though. Pricey yes, but I've never regretted it. Mine's the 14.5 too.Of course I cheaped out on the next and had Swagman do a little welding on a Sanke keg to convert it to a rolling fermenter too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users