#1 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Howdy Brews Bros, It is time again for another semi-irregular Foam On The Range bike pubcrawl! Kevin DeLange has graciously offered to open the GABF and World Beer Cup prize-winning Dry Dock Brewery an hour early on Saturday June 12th just for us. This gives us an extra hour for biking and "beer tasting". So let's start at 9:30 am. (Hey, I'm not a morning person.) Let's meet at the Falling Rock Tap House (1919 Blake Street in Denver) around 9ish so we can all get rolling at 9:30. (There are parking lots on 19th street at Market and Blake Streets. You can also bring your bike on lightrail or a bus.) Then we will meander up the beautiful and gentle Cherry Creek Bike Trail to the Dry Dock Brewery at the SW corner of Hampden and Chambers in Aurora. It's about 14 miles. You might be a little thirsty by the time we get there, I know I will be. So we can slake our thirst with a "pint or two". Feel free to meet us up there with or without your bike or anywhere else along the way. Then it is all "downhill" from there. We'll stop halfway back at the Bull and Bush for rehydration and/or a bite to eat. Then continue downhill to LoDo and a brew or two on the Wynkoop porch. Great Divide is having their 16th Birthday party starting at 2 (beer, bbq and live music $25 per person) or you can just relax back on the Falling Rock patio with a cold one. And then you can go to the Rockies game at 6 or just get out of town. If you ever go to a Rockies game I highly recommend checking if the SandLot brewers are there and asking for a "tour". Please join us and invite all of your friends and family. Brew on,Tom Gardnertomagardner@cs.com

#2 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

Interesting... Google says ~30 miles. Doable, but I havent been on my bike for almost a year, so my ass will hurt severely. The big problem is you're competing with the first US world cup match at noon that day. There's gonna be a big viewing party at 21st & Stout, link. I'll see what the wife prefers.You guys aren't gonna be going 30 mph are you? I wouldnt keep up... I don't have enough spandex to go fast.

#3 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

The big problem is you're competing with the first US world cup match at noon that day.

This is your idea of a big problem? I'm pretty sure this is the reason that day was chosen.

#4 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

Interesting... Google says ~30 miles. Doable, but I havent been on my bike for almost a year, so my ass will hurt severely. The big problem is you're competing with the first US world cup match at noon that day. There's gonna be a big viewing party at 21st & Stout, link. I'll see what the wife prefers.You guys aren't gonna be going 30 mph are you? I wouldnt keep up... I don't have enough spandex to go fast.

It's only 14-15 miles each way. And the bikepath is very gradual. We take about 90 minutes to get to the Dry Dock. And the way back is downhill (in more ways than one). There's at least one other couple coming along. You can tape the game!Hope you can join us.

#5 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Would a 3-speed townie work on that? I have to work, but might take that day off to extend my already long vacation by one more day.

You'd be able to keep up with me at least.My wife and I are tentatively planning on joining in on the ride. Hopefully the weather holds up.

#6 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

The weather report is calling for 52 degrees and rain (at least 12 hours of rain that night before), so I think we should choose another day.I will check with the Dry Dock and the Falling Rock. Maybe July 17th?The previous bike pubcrawl I planned we had snow!We could always meet up at the Dry Dock or Falling Rock anyway!

#7 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

So it's definitely off for tomorrow?

#8 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

A couple of folks have asked, so I'll send out an E-mail for those who still want to go. Just show up at the Falling Rock at 1919 Blake around 9ish for a 9:30 start and see who else arrives. If it rains all night I'm not going. There may be a couple of spots under water. The route is easy. Take Blake to the bike path and follow the "Cherry Creek Bikepath" to the Cherry Creek Reservoir. It crosses the Highline Canal bikepath just before you get to the Reservoir. Turn left at the reservoir (stay on the bike path) and then left on Hampden Road and the Dry Dock is up on the right just before Chambers. The Bull & Bush is halfway back - take the Cherry Street bridge to the other side of the creek and it'll be on the left. And then back to LoDo where you can go to the Wynkoop, Great Divide (yearly birthday party at 2 pm, $25? per person), Falling Rock, Rock Bottom, Breckenridge Brewpub, etc.The Dry Dock will still be open early (7:30 am for the World cup).I think the club will try for another date, either next Saturday or in July (or both!).Enjoy!

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9738 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:45 AM

Am I the only one who is thinking bikes and beers are not a good combo? ;)

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

Am I the only one who is thinking bikes and beers are not a good combo? ;)

nope. not as bad as cars and beer but still not a great idea.

#11 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

Am I the only one who is thinking bikes and beers are not a good combo? :frank:

Feel free to join us. I think you'll change your opinion. :cheers:

#12 ChefLamont

ChefLamont