#1 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

https://www.huffingt...e_n_603531.htmlI knew Sam was a great salesman. He can sell... But this makes little sense to me.
"We just did the test batch our pub. It is a threaded beer which means multiple primary fermentations [...] and then you blend them together from multiple threads. It is a blend of Tej, which is the native African beer which is actually honey beer. They use gesho root because hops don't grow in Africa and gesho is the bittering component that counterbalances the sweetness of the honey. That's one thread. Three threads is an imperial stout with Muscovado sugar. Post-fermentation, we'll blend those together to make Bitches' Brew and that will come out in August." (Watch the video of Sam's discussion of Bitches Brew.)

#2 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25677 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Same Beer, Different Article

#3 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16543 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Funny. There are some female brewers in our club that have been brewing for years and years. Their brewery is called "Bitches Brew". Sam is so un-original.....

#4 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Tej kicks ass.I know. I drank it in Ethiopia.MolBasser

#5 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

https://www.huffingt...e_n_603531.htmlI knew Sam was a great salesman. He can sell... But this makes little sense to me.

"We just did the test batch our pub. It is a threaded beer which means multiple primary fermentations [...] and then you blend them together from multiple threads. It is a blend of Tej, which is the native African beer which is actually honey beer. They use gesho root because hops don't grow in Africa and gesho is the bittering component that counterbalances the sweetness of the honey. That's one thread. Three threads is an imperial stout with Muscovado sugar. Post-fermentation, we'll blend those together to make Bitches' Brew and that will come out in August." (Watch the video of Sam's discussion of Bitches Brew.)

Which part makes so little sense to you?

#6 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have never read or heard of the term "threaded beer." Where did that come from? Sounds like it is a blend of a mead and an impy stout?

#7 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:03 AM

I think he's just trying to use jazz terminology.

#8 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

"About 1730, Feltham said, a brewer called Harwood made a single beer called Entire which recreated the flavour of "three threads", and which became known as "porter"some obscure reference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users