- - - - -

Rogue 2008

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_frankerector_*

*_Guest_frankerector_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

:cheers: :smilielol: :smilielol: I have never had it nor will I....Wow...10.99 for what looked like a quart....Wow...Must be good at that price...I got my old standby instead... :smilielol: :cheers: :cheers: :smilielol: :huh:

#2 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

dead guy?

#3 *_Guest_frankerector_*

*_Guest_frankerector_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

dead guy?

Dude for real 10.99 I was like.... :cheers: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I think it was dead end ale.... :cheers: :huh:

#4 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

dead guy is a solid brew surrounded with plenty of hype. i've downed a couple of those just to use them as starter jugs.

#5 *_Guest_frankerector_*

*_Guest_frankerector_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

dead guy is a solid brew surrounded with plenty of hype. i've downed a couple of those just to use them as starter jugs.

The red bottle looked cool...Posted Image:huh:

#6 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12439 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I picked up one of those a while back. Kind of a beefed up Dead Guy. Pretty good, but there are better beers in that price range.

#7 *_Guest_frankerector_*

*_Guest_frankerector_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

I picked up one of those a while back. Kind of a beefed up Dead Guy. Pretty good, but there are better beers in that price range.

I'll stick with my 1.69 Stacks....Snobs may frown but I have developed a fond taste for it...:frank:

#8 Seagis

Seagis

Comptroller of Nothing Being Good Enough

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18673 posts
  • LocationThe city of Townsville

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Maybe don't start with that, but if you haven't tried the regular Dead Guy Ale, you really ought to at least give it a whirl. It's really, really good beer. Much more of a malt flavor than the SNPA that everyone around here likes so much (myself included) but it is a very good beer. A little higher priced than normal (a sixer goes for $10.99 here) but it's almost worth keeping on hand.

#9 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12439 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Maybe don't start with that, but if you haven't tried the regular Dead Guy Ale, you really ought to at least give it a whirl. It's really, really good beer. Much more of a malt flavor than the SNPA that everyone around here likes so much (myself included) but it is a very good beer. A little higher priced than normal (a sixer goes for $10.99 here) but it's almost worth keeping on hand.

I hadn't had a Dead Guy in almost a couple years. After being on Weight Watchers and starting the first week without any drinky (my choice to jump start the diet), all I was craving was a Dead Guy. Tasted sooooo good when I bought some.

#10 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

This is the problem with Rogue. They make damn good beer, but charge way too much for it. I don't mind spending $9.99 for a 4 pack of some 12%+ Dogfish Head, but I'll never pay $13.99 for a six pack of Dead Guy. That's just absurd. Why do they charge so much? Unfortunately, it's because they can. The hype is so great (and the beer happens to be pretty good), people will buy it. To make matters worse, all this popularity has gone to their heads at Rogue. They are full of themselves. Portlanders are some of the nicest folk I have ever met, but if you wanted to meet some genuine assholes... I'd send you to the Rogue Public House and introduce you to the employees. The bartenders, the brewers, the distiller... all a-holes. Case in point... one of my favorite local spots, The Green Dragon, was recently purchased by Rogue. A pre-rogue pint of dead guy used to cost $3.50, now that rogue owns it = $4.50. WTF!? Shouldn't it be the other way around?! :frank: :D Get's me so damn angry. At the end of the day I just end up hating myself, cause I still drink their beer and carry my Rogue Nation card in my wallet :cheers:

#11 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

This is the problem with Rogue. They make damn good beer, but charge way too much for it. I don't mind spending $9.99 for a 4 pack of some 12%+ Dogfish Head, but I'll never pay $13.99 for a six pack of Dead Guy. That's just absurd. Why do they charge so much? Unfortunately, it's because they can. The hype is so great (and the beer happens to be pretty good), people will buy it. To make matters worse, all this popularity has gone to their heads at Rogue. They are full of themselves. Portlanders are some of the nicest folk I have ever met, but if you wanted to meet some genuine assholes... I'd send you to the Rogue Public House and introduce you to the employees. The bartenders, the brewers, the distiller... all a-holes. Case in point... one of my favorite local spots, The Green Dragon, was recently purchased by Rogue. A pre-rogue pint of dead guy used to cost $3.50, now that rogue owns it = $4.50. WTF!? Shouldn't it be the other way around?! :frank: :D Get's me so damn angry. At the end of the day I just end up hating myself, cause I still drink their beer and carry my Rogue Nation card in my wallet :cheers:

there is a pub in my area that sells 20oz (draft) of rogue dead guy for a very reasonable price (under $5 I think).

#12 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16543 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

I just like their Pacman yeast. Makes some badass IpA's.

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

I just like their Pacman yeast. Makes some badass IpA's.

yeah - I think at some point I'll try this yeast out but there are so many american ale yeasts that it's tough. I can only keep so many around!

#14 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16543 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

yeah - I think at some point I'll try this yeast out but there are so many american ale yeasts that it's tough. I can only keep so many around!

Ive used them all. Pacman is the winner!

#15 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Ive used them all. Pacman is the winner!

Pacman is surely the fastest yeast I have used before. Brewed a recipe with the Pacman and again with 1056 so its time for a comparison but post ferment they tasted the same. I was at the bottle store here today too and they had Rogue 6 packs for around $12-13 a pop. Sure I like Rogue but not for that price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users