A+ for originality, cool man!

#22 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54620 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

ET: Some of my recent light-colored beers look a little like that or possibly a little cloudier. I'm not sure how much effort you put into clarifying the popcorn pilsner, but I'm slightly discouraged because I put A LOT of effort into getting mine clear only to have them hazy. I think it was the kettle additions of things like CaCl, gypsum or epsom salt and I have stopped doing that. I have a keg of light-colored lager carbing now and I gelled it twice... once on its way to secondary and again after it was kegged and cold but before it was carbed. It may hit the taps tomorrow. Cheers & congrats on the originality of your recipe. Wish I could taste it. :D

#23 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just rebrewed this as part of celebrating finishing my master's degree. Back to brewing! Hammered out this, a gluten free brew and a hippocras (spiced fruit mead). Anyway this incarnation is tweaked as the brew store ran out of pils so I subbed in some 2-row. Put it on tap yesterday and had a taste - YUM. Pearl is definitely a good choice for this one!!

3lbs 8oz Pilsner Malt
2lbs 3oz 2-row
2lbs 3oz Popped Corn
8.5oz Cara-pils

1.5 oz Pearl first wort hopped

US-05

httpss://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/155782_10151349368171417_782934290_n.jpg

:cheers:

#24 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54620 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

ET: Good to see you back here my friend. Welcome back and congrats on your masters degree. Nice work on the beer too. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users