#1 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

I have an upright freezer to use for a fermentation chamber and I am looking to take the door panel shelving out and replace it with a flat plastic sheet to get a little more usable internal area. The plastic sheet just needs to be thick enough to have a bit of integrity for installation (i.e. not roll up on itself). I went to the local HD and all I saw were big corrugated sheets (maybe for roofing/siding) that were $12 and big thick lexan sheets that were like $70. Any ideas where and what should I be looking for?

#2 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21388 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

I used counter top stuff that was not glued to OSB, (or what ever they glue it to).Easy to drill the holes you need to reattach the grommet.

#3 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14766 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

I used something called Tileboard. I got it from Lowe's. It's sold in 4x8 sheets and is basically just a glossy white wall paneling. Dry erase markerboard, basically.

#4 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

I used something called Tileboard. I got it from Lowe's. It's sold in 4x8 sheets and is basically just a glossy white wall paneling.

yep that'll do the trick

#5 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

I used something called Tileboard. I got it from Lowe's. It's sold in 4x8 sheets and is basically just a glossy white wall paneling. Dry erase markerboard, basically.

looks like it will do the trick. thanks.1/8" x 48"W x 96"H Toned White Tileboard * Ready to install with a durable, water and mold resistant coating * Perfect for kitchen, bath and high moisture areas * Formaldehyde Free * Lifetime Limited Warranty

#6 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

I ended up going with a reinforced fiberglass panel. It seemed a little sturdier than the hardboard but does have a bit of a texture as seen below. I ended up putting that side facing inward by accident anyway. Still have some more work to do, but it is at least functional now.Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users