#1 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

Does anyone know of where one could purchase this product as Im making a clone brew of Picaroons Melon Head (watermelon flavored wheat beer)I had a flat sample from the head brewer and wow it was tasty

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54211 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

How about THIS?

#3 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

Otherwise one of the guys in my brewclub racked his hefe on 8 lbs of watermelon puree that he made. Hit your mouth like watermelon bubblegum but finished nice.

#4 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Yea, I would think that you could just use some real watermelon, just be careful since it will kick up another fermentation. :facepalm:

#5 harryfrog

harryfrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, CA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

How about THIS?

Has anyone used anything like these flavor extracts in their beers? I'm looking at picking some up and am unsure on the quantity required. They have a really weird pricing schedule (it's only $1 more for 2 oz versus 1 oz) and I'd hate to not order enough. That being said, they have a pretty cool sampler kit for (5) 1oz flavors...

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

Has anyone used anything like these flavor extracts in their beers? I'm looking at picking some up and am unsure on the quantity required. They have a really weird pricing schedule (it's only $1 more for 2 oz versus 1 oz) and I'd hate to not order enough. That being said, they have a pretty cool sampler kit for (5) 1oz flavors...

The closest I have come is using the McCormick natural raspberry extract that you find in the grocery store. I had to use a dropper in a glass of beer to try to determine the amount to use. It ended up being about 1½ ounces (each bottle is 1 oz and around $6) and the resulting beer was very nice. I am tempted to pick up some strawberry, blackberry and other flavors to make a Berry Wheat kind of thing. To determine the amount to use, you're just going to have to experiment by adding X amount to the keg, bottling bucket, etc. Cheers.

#7 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25638 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

https://www.williams...P1880C86.cfmOne bottle will flavor up to 10 gallons of light wheat beer. Great for Summer wheat beers and light ales. This natural flavor contains alcohol, so it cannot be shipped via air (ground shipment only). Contains 4 fluid oz.- we suggest stirring in 2 oz. per 5 gallons of wheat beer at priming, or to taste. ETA: The following is from Williams Brewing site, it is not my opinion.Pros: A full powered watermelon taste and smell. Easy to use and just a little goes a long way. I also use it when I make watermelon jelly and my customers rave over it. Pat, Gold Beach,OR Cons: I have not yet found anything negative about this product.

Edited by zymot, 19 May 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54211 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

https://www.williams...hi_P1880C86.cfmOne bottle will flavor up to 10 gallons of light wheat beer. Great for Summer wheat beers and light ales. This natural flavor contains alcohol, so it cannot be shipped via air (ground shipment only). Contains 4 fluid oz.- we suggest stirring in 2 oz. per 5 gallons of wheat beer at priming, or to taste. ETA: The following is from Williams Brewing site, it is not my opinion.Pros: A full powered watermelon taste and smell. Easy to use and just a little goes a long way. I also use it when I make watermelon jelly and my customers rave over it. Pat, Gold Beach,OR Cons: I have not yet found anything negative about this product.

Seems pretty good. They have a Watermelon Wheat extract recipe on their site too. Cheers.

#9 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

Thanks guys and yet again I get the help I needed !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users