#1 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

So I got my 5# tank refilled, got it home, hooked it up, and whoosh!!!! The second part of my dual regulator cranks up past the max and buries the needle. I cranked the pressure all the way down, (no beer in the keg, so no need), bled it out, and whoosh! It goes right back up! I tried it with no keg on the end of the line at all and it's worse, the safety valve just blows over and over again. After I've bled it out numerous times, wasting a lot of gas, it will stay as low as ten pounds for an hour or so, but by then it will have started creeping back up. If I don't bleed it every hour and a half, it will climb up all the way again. I'm scared to put any beer in the keg for fear it will be over carbed by the time it gets cold, and will continue to get that way unless I take time off from work to just bleed co2!Anyone have any ideas???

#2 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

Is my regulator just broken? 30 people have looked at this post, no ideas at all?

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

Is my regulator just broken? 30 people have looked at this post, no ideas at all?

No idea, I've never had one fail. I know rebuild kits are available for some brands.

#4 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

Is it a dual reg, or just a single. I bought a dual reg not too long ago and it did this too. I'm guessing I have to use the same pressure on both lines or have lower on the second and higher on the first. I ended up just unscrewing the adjuster all the way and then very slowly screwing it back in and letting it stop. It was easy to get 8 psi for serving that way, but if I wanted the second in series to be 20 and the first to be 10 it wouldn't work for some reason. I bought the cheaper regs anyway. I will likely have to upgrade later.Cheers,Rich

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

Are you asking what you should do? If yes I'd say buy a new regulator. If you need to purge and pressurize a keg right now you could maybe use it to just do that and then wait until you get a new regulator to hook it back up again.

#6 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

Is it a dual reg, or just a single. I bought a dual reg not too long ago and it did this too. I'm guessing I have to use the same pressure on both lines or have lower on the second and higher on the first. I ended up just unscrewing the adjuster all the way and then very slowly screwing it back in and letting it stop. It was easy to get 8 psi for serving that way, but if I wanted the second in series to be 20 and the first to be 10 it wouldn't work for some reason. I bought the cheaper regs anyway. I will likely have to upgrade later.Cheers,Rich

Mine's the same way, just the opposite. The second one in the series will only go higher. Did you buy yours from midwest? A friend of mine says he has the same problem with his from the same company.

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Mine's the same way, just the opposite. The second one in the series will only go higher. Did you buy yours from midwest? A friend of mine says he has the same problem with his from the same company.

Maybe I had it backwards, its been 3 weeks since I have messed with it. I bought mine at Kegconnection.com, the brand is Chudnow.Posted ImageCheers,Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users