#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

After last week's cluster&#$% I deserved a break today. Started a sparge and walked off for a while. Came back to check and about 3 gallons had drained from the kettle - forgot to check the drain valve - that I usually fill the kettle with.For no good reason there was an empty bucket sitting under it that caught all of it.Posted Image And dead sober again - we'll fix that shortly......

#2 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

:devil: been there without the luck bucket. I had a piece of blue tape on the lid with "close the drain and straighten the hose braid" written on it after that for a couple months after that.

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Man, what are the chances? Did you buy a lottery ticket afterward?

#4 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

And then he got hooked up with tickets to the St. Louis Brewers' Heritage Festival...what a lucky guy! :angry:

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

After last week's cluster&#$% I deserved a break today. Started a sparge and walked off for a while. Came back to check and about 3 gallons had drained from the kettle - forgot to check the drain valve - that I usually fill the kettle with.For no good reason there was an empty bucket sitting under it that caught all of it.Posted Image And dead sober again - we'll fix that shortly......

This is one of the things that scares me... that I'll forget I have an open valve somewhere. Thankfully, it has not happened yet. But I know my time is coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users