#1 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

My plans are for 5 gallons of Belgian Wit on Sunday. It's been awhile since I've busted out my kettle and the rest of the gear so I'm excited to get back in the game and put my fermenters to work.

#2 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Brewing a split batch of helles and kolsch Saturday. Might brew a second 12 gallon batch on sunday if my fermenters are ready to be kegged.

#3 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

I'm brewing tomorrow.....oh wait, you meant for fun......Nope not this weekend, but I will be brewing a RyePA pretty soon.BrewBasser

#4 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5989 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

No brewing for me as snow is in the forecast. Probably will wait for the group brew.

#5 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5989 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

I'm brewing tomorrow.....oh wait, you meant for fun......Nope not this weekend, but I will be brewing a RyePA pretty soon.BrewBasser

Nice SN ad in the latest edition of Beer Advocate, by the way!

#6 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, they are getting a bit more creative.BrewBasser

#7 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I'm gonna make some Liquid Stupid tomorrow, minus the carapils which my dog decided to eat and vomit. I'm also subbing Colorado Wildflower honey cause I was too cheap to spring for OB. It'll be the last in my series of strong beers I've been making in the winter to have for the fall. Since New Years I've made a Golden Strong, a Dubbel, a Tripel, and soon LS.

#8 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10821 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Brewing a simple red ale tomorrow. Something I will enjoy while sitting around the fire pit this summer.

#9 Oflan

Oflan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Brewed a belgian IPA last week, was gonna do a BDSA on the 3787 yeast cake but it's still at high krausen so gonna push back til next weekend.

#10 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Nobrewing this weekend the, but I do have 45G in fermenters. I will be trying to culture up some yeast from a bottle of Collaboration not Litigation. I'm not sure if it is Averys or Russian Rivers yeast.Mashman

#11 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21355 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

I would be but it's going to rain all weekend. Maybe early next week, I don the kilt and get 10 gallons of stout or IPA going.

#12 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42088 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Not brewing this weekend. I'm cleaning kegs and finishing the new manifold on my mash tun. Depending on how it looks, I may keg my friends pilsner/kolsch on sunday and get it in the chest freezer so its ready for her arrival in a few weeks.Next weekend though its on, I'm trying to decide between an ESB or a Boston Lager-esque brew... :)

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

Brewed some memory lapse pale ale today. Positive pressure in the airlock now so my guess is I'll have some bubbling by tomorrow morning for sure.

#14 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

Well, I'll be making a starter. I just gotta decide what I want to brew next.

#15 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

If weather cooperates, I'll be inside brewing on Sunday.

#16 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Not brewing this weekend. I'm cleaning kegs and finishing the new manifold on my mash tun. Depending on how it looks, I may keg my friends pilsner/kolsch on sunday and get it in the chest freezer so its ready for her arrival in a few weeks.Next weekend though its on, I'm trying to decide between an ESB or a Boston Lager-esque brew... :)

As for the Boston Lager-esque/ESB beer, a few years back I did a bunch of beers with WLP008 East Coast Ale. It was actually my house ale strain for awhile, and it's supposed to be SA's (presumably for Boston Ale rather than Boston Lager). The WL description is pretty spot on, I always noticed that my ales seemed less bitter/a little sweeter than if I was using Chico. I don't know why I haven't used it in so long, not since I moved to NY, but now I'm getting the itch to.

#17 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42088 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

As for the Boston Lager-esque/ESB beer, a few years back I did a bunch of beers with WLP008 East Coast Ale. It was actually my house ale strain for awhile, and it's supposed to be SA's (presumably for Boston Ale rather than Boston Lager). The WL description is pretty spot on, I always noticed that my ales seemed less bitter/a little sweeter than if I was using Chico. I don't know why I haven't used it in so long, not since I moved to NY, but now I'm getting the itch to.

Cool, the Boston Lager will actually be a lager. I have some Bohemian lager yeast for that, it just depends on if I get a chance to make a starter this week or not. If I do the EBS I'll be using US-05 for that one....

#18 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Checking SG and possibly racking last weeks club brew of Maerzen to secondary.Checking out & planning hop structure for this year.Too wet to go to the hamfest, besides, I just come back with junk i can only possibly use in the future at some unspecified time.

#19 Geologist

Geologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

Gotta work this weekend (as usual). Got some maintenance to do, such as cleaning my beer lines, xfering an amber lager into conditioning kegs, carbing my other kegs of pale ale and lager, and xfer my red ale to 2ndaries. Brew? Yes! Probably brew a mocha porter next week on the 1st or 3rd. Also need to start drinking the pale ale and lager.

#20 BeerMaker

BeerMaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

None for me either. Was hoping to get equipment out and cleaned, but it's going to be piss poor weather.... Maybe next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users