#1 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

My linkThis is a local brewery and beer blog, Greg is a wicked guy and his beer is delicious. He's the only one making hoppy beer of this calibre in halifax or even in eastern canada. The top post on his blog right now is "messie" the halifax hop monster with a calculated IBU or over 500. Hop rate of 10lbs/BBL. Can't wait to hit that one up when it gets on tap!

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

Nice ET. Wow that first beer Messie looks really wicked. I know I would be up for a pint or more of that myself too. Tasty I bet. 553IBU I thought I read awhile back that over 130IBU or such you dont sense much difference in the palate but hey it sounds insane and good to me. The Citra SMASH DIPA looks fabulous too, I just brewed a Citra Pale and tasted a post fermentation sample and it was awesome. I like the Citra hop. Enjoy those beers ET, nice to see brewers going insane on the hops, I love it as I am a hophead as well. :D

#3 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

My linkThis is a local brewery and beer blog, Greg is a wicked guy and his beer is delicious. He's the only one making hoppy beer of this calibre in halifax or even in eastern canada. The top post on his blog right now is "messie" the halifax hop monster with a calculated IBU or over 500. Hop rate of 10lbs/BBL. Can't wait to hit that one up when it gets on tap!

wow, that a lotta hops

#4 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

Wow! The highest I've gone at MBC was around 11lbs/bbl for Dead Flowers DIPA...it was green.

#5 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

wow, that's crazy. I can't wait to try this one down at the H&T. What was the pre-green SRM on that Dead Flowers DIPA??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users