136 replies to this topic

#81 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Sorry, guys. I'm in europe this week. i'll get on it when I get home next week. I've been on the road most of the last month and it's kinda putting a cramp in my brewing schedule. :covreyes:

no worries JK.

#82 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

Sorry, guys. I'm in europe this week. i'll get on it when I get home next week. I've been on the road most of the last month and it's kinda putting a cramp in my brewing schedule. :covreyes:

Really .. you are using Eurpoe as and excuse .. pftt .. LOL Hope you are atleast having some good beers over there.At least your job lets you see the world. I get to look at this cube all day.

#83 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

Really .. you are using Eurpoe as and excuse .. pftt .. LOL Hope you are atleast having some good beers over there.At least your job lets you see the world. I get to look at this cube all day.

yeah - where are you at in europe?

#84 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, it is cool to be able to travel for work. Occasionally, I get to go to a pretty cool place and sometimes I even get to do something besides go from planes to meetings to hotel rooms back to planes. More often than not I'm going someplace to cater to our customer's needs. This week is nice because I'm the customer and the vendors are kissing my ass instead of the other way around. Still just as busy, except it's them taking me out to dinner.As far as beer, I haven't been in any of the "classic" beer areas (Dortmund, Koln, Munich, Bamberg, Dusseldorf, etc.). I had a decent local hefe in Frankfurt (I was hoping to get to Koln and Dortmund, but it didn't work out). Right now I'm in Denmark drinking a local brew from Aarhus Bryghus (which I'm assuming means Aarhus Brewhouse, Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark behind Copehagen). It's pretty good. I had their APA the other night, it wasn't bad. Now I'm having the Dortmunder. I little sweet according to my interpretation of a Dortmunder, but well made nonetheless. I had the Great Lakes Dortmunder a few weeks ago, that was a spectacular brew.

#85 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, it is cool to be able to travel for work. Occasionally, I get to go to a pretty cool place and sometimes I even get to do something besides go from planes to meetings to hotel rooms back to planes. More often than not I'm going someplace to cater to our customer's needs. This week is nice because I'm the customer and the vendors are kissing my ass instead of the other way around. Still just as busy, except it's them taking me out to dinner.As far as beer, I haven't been in any of the "classic" beer areas (Dortmund, Koln, Munich, Bamberg, Dusseldorf, etc.). I had a decent local hefe in Frankfurt (I was hoping to get to Koln and Dortmund, but it didn't work out). Right now I'm in Denmark drinking a local brew from Aarhus Bryghus (which I'm assuming means Aarhus Brewhouse, Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark behind Copehagen). It's pretty good. I had their APA the other night, it wasn't bad. Now I'm having the Dortmunder. I little sweet according to my interpretation of a Dortmunder, but well made nonetheless. I had the Great Lakes Dortmunder a few weeks ago, that was a spectacular brew.

wait - they are making an APA in Denmark??? Awesome!

#86 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

wait - they are making an APA in Denmark??? Awesome!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, too. It was decent. A little fruity and citrusy. Pretty tame compared to the kind of hop attack you get in a US APA, but different than most beers you'd get on this side of the atlantic.

#87 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, too. It was decent. A little fruity and citrusy. Pretty tame compared to the kind of hop attack you get in a US APA, but different than most beers you'd get on this side of the atlantic.

Hey, it's a start! It's exciting to hear that our styles (other than the light american pilsner) are making their way over to the other side of the pond. Maybe people over there will stop thinking American beer is boring and pretty tasteless.

#88 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

I would go for a half if you want to. I am getting to the point were my star-san is almost empty so one way or another I will need to get some.

OK, I'll do the gallon of Saniclean.

#89 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

Is it almost GO TIME??!!?! :frantic:

#90 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

Yes, almost.

#91 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Yes, almost.

Sweet - let me know what the EKG is going for if you have a chance :crybaby:

#92 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

I got the quote in. The prices look a little better than last year, some stuff is unchanged, some stuff is less. The Euro-Dollar exchange rate is helping us out on the continental European grains. I'll put everything together and send out the order summaries. If I can get confirmation from everyone I'll put the order in ASAP for delivery next week.

#93 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

What's the ratio of PBW to water? I'm curious how fast I would go through it. I use one regular sized tub of oxiclean every year or so.

I can't believe you only go through one tub of oxyclean a year. In the last year I've gone through two tubs, plus two tubs of Sun Oxygen Cleaner, plus a 1 pound jar of PBW and I didn't even brew half as much as I was planning on last year.Anyway, the pail of PBW is $125 (2.50/lb) and it's splitting like this:JK 20#zym 20# (10# to work buddy)drez 10#Oh, and I didn't check on the EKG prices. I'll ask when I call back. Any price you are looking for?

#94 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

I can't believe you only go through one tub of oxyclean a year. In the last year I've gone through two tubs, plus two tubs of Sun Oxygen Cleaner, plus a 1 pound jar of PBW and I didn't even brew half as much as I was planning on last year.Anyway, the pail of PBW is $125 (2.50/lb) and it's splitting like this:JK 20#zym 20# (10# to work buddy)drez 10#Oh, and I didn't check on the EKG prices. I'll ask when I call back. Any price you are looking for?

I'd say at or under $13/lb would be good. I'm only looking to pick up a pound though. I can't recall if they sell amounts that small.

#95 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:56 AM

I am ready to get brewing again. Glad this is moving along nicely. Now if I can just find the time to fix my heat exchanger I hope to get some brewing done this weekend.

#96 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

I'd say at or under $13/lb would be good. I'm only looking to pick up a pound though. I can't recall if they sell amounts that small.

I'll check, but I doubt they are at that price. The hops that Bill ordered are in the mid to upper teens.I got confirmation from Bill. If the other two guys give me the go ahead, I'll put in the order this afternoon. Check to make sure everything looks good on your order (I sent you guys the file with the order spreadsheet in case you haven't checked yet).

#97 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

I'll check, but I doubt they are at that price. The hops that Bill ordered are in the mid to upper teens.I got confirmation from Bill. If the other two guys give me the go ahead, I'll put in the order this afternoon. Check to make sure everything looks good on your order (I sent you guys the file with the order spreadsheet in case you haven't checked yet).

I think last year I had the highest total and this year I am the lowest. Mine looks good. Just checking with the club guys. Will let you know asap.

#98 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

I wanted to get in touch with the guy at work but if you don't hear anything from me just place the order this afternoon b/c I feel pretty confident that he's not going to suddenly back out.

#99 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:13 AM

I wanted to get in touch with the guy at work but if you don't hear anything from me just place the order this afternoon b/c I feel pretty confident that he's not going to suddenly back out.

Okay - good to go! :smilielol:

#100 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

I am good to go with my stuff and the club stuff.Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users