#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

that brewing stone cold sober is a mistake. Can't believe the idiot things I did late in the session today.

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

that brewing stone cold sober is a mistake. Can't believe the idiot things I did late in the session today.

whadya do that for, gotta have at least one brew, jeez...what did you leave the juice on with the cooling water going again :wacko:

#3 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

I was wondering how you came to a decision so easily on something...now I understand...I used to brew hungover, that worked pretty well.What went out of bounds today?

#4 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Killing time for an all pellet batch to settle after chilling. Decided to add the yeast slurry first to the keg fermenter that I added the corny lid on the bottom for drainage - had the PRV propped open - yeast on the floor.... Had more than enough though. Then heard more stuff hitting the floor while filling. Forgot to put the drain valve back on and of course it was 10 ft away....... So mopped up three times. Of course I had already cleaned the brew area since I was killing time. Then had tons of break from all the rye I used and left about a gallon in the fermenter..... It'll be beer I suppose.And yes I did cut the power before chilling and even ran cold water through the IC :wacko: retroactive toasts to the brew gods are being carried out.

#5 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

Oh my...oh well...it should be beer, just more of it on the floor and a little less of you on the floor.

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Wow is nice to see someone advocated for drinking while you are brewing. I know there are dangers and such when you do but a bit of common sense should fix that. I don't know how someone would wanna brew sober, what fun is that. Hmm I am planning to brew early morning tomorrow not sure I can throw down a beer or two at 5am either. Oh well, its all good, hope your fermentation goes well DJ.

#7 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

.......... Hmm I am planning to brew early morning tomorrow not sure I can throw down a beer or two at 5am either. ........

That is why God invented Oatmeal Stout. :wacko:

#8 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Somebody up there loves me. Chugging away........... go figure.

#9 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

That is why God invented Oatmeal Stout. :wacko:

+1 yummmmmmm. Also dry stout for breakfast = win.

#10 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

DJ, nice suggestion. Not being able to have no beer when brewing I had to do something. Even though I don't have any Oatmeal Stout I do have a Schwarzbier so after a few cups of coffee I had a small glass of Schwarzbier. Good brew session as well. Nice to see your is rocking away, yeast pitch coming up here soon as well.

#11 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

Rogue Chipotle Porter with Breakfast Burritos can be a wonderful breakfast combo, O'Fallon Smoked Porter pairs nicely with sausage and bacon, as well.

#12 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Java Stout, great breakfast beverage :)

#13 LBG Bill

LBG Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Rogue Chipotle Porter with Breakfast Burritos can be a wonderful breakfast combo, O'Fallon Smoked Porter pairs nicely with sausage and bacon, as well.

hmmmmm, O'Fallon Smoked Porter, maple bacon, Texas toast with garlic white cheddar cheese and potatoes O'Brien. De-yam that sounds like a Sunday winner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users