#1 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40964 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

Got a new keg fridge, and need to put my beverage tubing in. I was going to use 1/4" ID tubing. My local hardware store only sells 1/4"ID X 7/16"OD. Will that work OK? NB sells 1/4"ID X 1/2"OD.

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

3/16 ID is what you want. I would buy beverage grade too.And new pants and beltsPosted Image Congrats on the kegerator.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54108 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

On my very first draft system, I got 1/4" and I got foaming all over the place. I just read something online (because I just redid my draft system) that 1/4" is for larger systems where the beer is going to be traveling a longer distance. I put 3/16" ID tubing on my new system and I finally have all 4 beer lines balanced. Good luck.

#4 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40964 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

OK. So if I run at 10 PSI, I am thinking 5ft of tubing per tap line. 3/16 ID line shows it has 2 PSI/foot resistance on the NB website.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54108 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

I heard from a number of others (afterwards, of course) that 5' is a bit short. I went with 4 lines at 5' each and it IS possible to balance it that way, but some others suggested 6' as a starting point. But I also saw quite a few examples online where they mention 4' or 5' of 3/16" tubing so it's not unheard of. There are other things to consider including the temp of the beer, the height of the faucets compared to the position of the kegs, etc. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users