#1 AGrandDesign

AGrandDesign

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2287 posts
  • LocationThe Upside down

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

So the wife and I went on a overnight from Atlanta to Athens - very nice. I've lived in Atlanta for close to 30 years and never spent any time there...for shame! even if it's home to all dem dawgs (as a Techie I am required by trade school bylaw to cast aspersions whenever possible! :( ).Anyhoo, stopped in at Trappeze(excellent beer selection) and had a Holy Mackerel Mack in Black imperial black - and it was just rotten good. If you see it on the menu where you are (and alas, it's still pretty limited) I highly recommend.

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64090 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

What's the story behind the brewery name?

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

So the wife and I went on a overnight from Atlanta to Athens - very nice. I've lived in Atlanta for close to 30 years and never spent any time there...for shame! even if it's home to all dem dawgs (as a Techie I am required by trade school bylaw to cast aspersions whenever possible! :( ).Anyhoo, stopped in at Trappeze(excellent beer selection) and had a Holy Mackerel Mack in Black imperial black - and it was just rotten good. If you see it on the menu where you are (and alas, it's still pretty limited) I highly recommend.

I just noticed when I clicked the link they are going to have Thornebridge Hopton on cask this Friday. If you like bitters I'd suggest you stop by, I had this beer last Thursday on cask. Nicely balnced bitter, very well done with a little more maltiness than most UK bitters.

#4 AGrandDesign

AGrandDesign

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2287 posts
  • LocationThe Upside down

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

What's the story behind the brewery name?

It's actually Gordash Brewing Co (named for the owner/brewer Robert Gordash) but where did "Holy Mackerel" beer name come from? Don't know, unless it was a riff on the He-brew line of beers...? They both do make a pomegranate beerlancelotlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users