#1 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

Maybe I should have posted this a week ago as a reminder for anyone who forgot. Luckily it dosnt seem to take long, because most collection points are in the same region, so shipping should be quick. I brought my entries to UPS yeasterday, and they will arrive in Philly today. So I am safely in. I entered a doppelbock, RIS, wood aged Belgian porter, orange amber (into fruit), and American brown. Fingers crossed!

#2 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

I think I am going to do a porter, maybe a CC, and an Old Ale...I can drop mine off at Breckenridge brewery downtown...prob do it this weekend.

#3 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

I am going to enter. I'm thinking i'm gonna do a Bo Pils, An American Rye, and maybe something else. I have to see what I have sitting around. I want to enter, but I'm pretty casual about it. I don't get too bent out of shape about brewing for the comps, but I like to read the comments. Oh, and did I read the rules right, they only want two bottles this year?

#4 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Oh, and did I read the rules right, they only want two bottles this year?

No, just one bottle for the first round, 3 more if the entry advances. You just scared the shit out of me, I had to go back and check the rules, cause my entries are already off, and I only sent one bottle per. Wheeew!!

#5 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

No, just one bottle for the first round, 3 more if the entry advances. You just scared the shit out of me, I had to go back and check the rules, cause my entries are already off, and I only sent one bottle per. Wheeew!!

Ha! Sorry to freak you out like that. I actually just registered and yes, It is only one bottle. My bad...

#6 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

brews-bros.xyz listed under the club drop down!It's funny I put brews-bros.xyz on my entries to the peak to peak pro am this weekend and I am lookin at the winners list (pulled a bronze) and they had me as a member of Brews Brothers....(there is a club here I think in Colorado Springs called that)

#7 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Just paid for my entries, a marzen and an IPA. I'm gonna drop them off around noon tomorrow.

I think I am going to do a porter, maybe a CC, and an Old Ale...I can drop mine off at Breckenridge brewery downtown...prob do it this weekend.

I originally thought it was the Breckenridge brewpub on Blake St, but it's not that place. I had no idea they had a location on the south side of downtown.

brews-bros.xyz listed under the club drop down!

I noticed that too. Do they just take anything that was mentioned as a club in a AHA sanctioned competition throughout the year, or does someone have to register the club? I used brews-bros.xyz as my club for the CO state fair last summer.

#8 Fatman

Fatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationWest Chester, PA

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

DAMN IT!Northeast region is full!Serves me right for procrastinating, though I thought NHC never filled up.

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

I just bottled up mine last night and took to a buddy's house at midnight so he can take it in today.Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness (and procrastination) pay off NOW!!!WOW I didnt think regions got full either. Sorry to hear that.

#10 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

I just bottled up mine last night and took to a buddy's house at midnight so he can take it in today.Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness (and procrastination) pay off NOW!!!WOW I didnt think regions got full either. Sorry to hear that.

Pfft... you call that procrastination?! I had to wake up early today to bottle mine. Not only that, but the beers were brewed late too. The Marzen was brewed on 2/6 and the IPA was brewed on 3/10! I'll probably get dinged on clarity, but I just wanted to enter something. It'll be interesting to read the feedback.

#11 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:49 AM

I noticed that too. Do they just take anything that was mentioned as a club in a AHA sanctioned competition throughout the year, or does someone have to register the club? I used brews-bros.xyz as my club for the CO state fair last summer.

I checked into it last year, if you enter as a club, there needs to be multiple entries by different members in the comp for the club to get recognized. I immediately though it would be cool to have my garage brewery name "Bear Hole Brewing Co" next to any winners. The problem is if I named any friends as different entries, then I couldnt use my AHA membership for their discounts, so it would have cost me an extra $5 / per just to think its cool to possibly have my brewery mentioned in print. No thanks. When the BB first kicked off this new site, I didnt have it saved in favorites, and when I would type it into the search, it would always bring me to that clubs site first. AFIK, there is zero affilliation. I remeber a few months back someone had mentioned that we could possibly be an online brewclub, and be able to have club recognition in comps. I do believe that carries a fee though to register with the AHA, so not sure how feasable that would be.

#12 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

DAMN IT!Northeast region is full!

Wow, what is capacity? 750 or 900 I think. A lot of competition this year! I would love to see the entry breakdown, I bet almost everything is the same, but much higher entrants in IPAs DIPAs and RISs. Just a hunch.

#13 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

Wow, what is capacity? 750 or 900 I think. A lot of competition this year! I would love to see the entry breakdown, I bet almost everything is the same, but much higher entrants in IPAs DIPAs and RISs. Just a hunch.

750 I think. After all the BN competition shows I bet everyone and there brother are entering a ton into the first round seeing it is just one bottle.

#14 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

I originally thought it was the Breckenridge brewpub on Blake St, but it's not that place. I had no idea they had a location on the south side of downtown.I noticed that too. Do they just take anything that was mentioned as a club in a AHA sanctioned competition throughout the year, or does someone have to register the club? I used brews-bros.xyz as my club for the CO state fair last summer.

Yea, I had no idea they had another location...it really is pretty close to the downtown one..Dropped off a porter, PA, Cali Common, Amber, and an Old ale yesterday.

#15 Fatman

Fatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationWest Chester, PA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

750 I think. After all the BN competition shows I bet everyone and there brother are entering a ton into the first round seeing it is just one bottle.

Yeah, it's 750 - according to the HBA forums, it's been full since Monday. People over there seem to be blaming the Brewing Network, though it may have to do more with the sheer size of the NE region - NY, PA, all of New England. This homebrew stuff's really catching on round here - last Thanksgiving I found out that two of my wife's cousins are getting into it, and just yesterday I found out a new shop opened nearby only last November - which is great news cause the other local place stinks.

#16 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

I checked into it last year, if you enter as a club, there needs to be multiple entries by different members in the comp for the club to get recognized. I immediately though it would be cool to have my garage brewery name "Bear Hole Brewing Co" next to any winners. The problem is if I named any friends as different entries, then I couldnt use my AHA membership for their discounts, so it would have cost me an extra $5 / per just to think its cool to possibly have my brewery mentioned in print. No thanks. When the BB first kicked off this new site, I didnt have it saved in favorites, and when I would type it into the search, it would always bring me to that clubs site first. AFIK, there is zero affilliation. I remeber a few months back someone had mentioned that we could possibly be an online brewclub, and be able to have club recognition in comps. I do believe that carries a fee though to register with the AHA, so not sure how feasable that would be.

Just to be clear, the club in the pulldown list is "brews-bros.xyz", so it's definitely this website and not the similarly named club.

#17 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Just to be clear, the club in the pulldown list is "brews-bros.xyz", so it's definitely this website and not the similarly named club.

I wonder if I can go back and change my club affiliation from none to brews-bros.xyz, even though my entries have already been submitted.

#18 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

I have my bottles sanitized and ready to fill. I'll deliver them to the Brewery at 471 Kalamath this afternoon and maybe get some bbq while I'm there. Old Ale, Imperial IPA and American barleywine.So far the "Old West" region has 707 entries. This is the first year that I know of that they have been filled (max 750 entries per region). They always need more judges and stewards if you are interested. And you get to know if you placed right away.Good luck to all.

#19 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

I have my bottles sanitized and ready to fill. I'll deliver them to the Brewery at 471 Kalamath this afternoon and maybe get some bbq while I'm there. Old Ale, Imperial IPA and American barleywine.So far the "Old West" region has 707 entries. This is the first year that I know of that they have been filled (max 750 entries per region). They always need more judges and stewards if you are interested. And you get to know if you placed right away.Good luck to all.

I've seen the deadline listed as just "5pm" and "5pm Pacific", so make sure you get there by 5, just to be sure. They'd probably let it slide if you were a little late though.

#20 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Any of you Denver guys on this? https://frhy.net/Lea...oard.htmSomeone on here directed me to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users