6 replies to this topic

#1 gkessing

gkessing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

Brewers,I have another brewing 101 question. For all my batches, the bottom of the bottles after aging always has a light greenish crud. What causes this and is there a practical cure?Thanks,Gary

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Brewers,I have another brewing 101 question. For all my batches, the bottom of the bottles after aging always has a light greenish crud. What causes this and is there a practical cure?Thanks,Gary

The stuff you are describing is residual yeast from bottle conditioning, I assume, totally normal, just make sure to rinse your bottles after you pour your beer, and it'll be easier to clean up later.

#3 Augie1991

Augie1991

8 Lives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23565 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Yeasties. Leave 1/2 inch when you pour. Enjoy!

#4 gkessing

gkessing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

Thanks guys. The crud isn't a big issue with me but I like to do things the best I can. Just wanted to make sure I couldn't do something to fix it. Guess I'll just have to relax and enjoy it the way it is!!!!!!Regards,Gary

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Thanks guys. The crud isn't a big issue with me but I like to do things the best I can. Just wanted to make sure I couldn't do something to fix it. Guess I'll just have to relax and enjoy it the way it is!!!!!!Regards,Gary

You can keg it, force carbonate it and use a beer gun to fill your bottles. Or just drink straight from the tap!

#6 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

Or just drink straight from the tap!

ive done this before, not sure if this is something I should be proud of or not.

#7 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

Just relax and have a homebrew as they say. Some of the best beer in the world, is stuff you will make. Yeast in the bottom won't hurt you .Just don't pour the last 1/2 inch and you shall be fine.Welcome , and :sarcasm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users