#1 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

A big beer related weekend ahead for me! Ramped up a starter of 1056 last night and am making a starter of 1968 tonight. Also, heading to Schlafly Bottleworks for some sodas after work today. Dreweslu, will you be around? Saturday, helping a buddy with his first ever homebrew session and then heading to the International Tap House in Chesterfield that night. Sunday, brewing my Magic Hat #9 clone. MO, 60L, Columbus, Cascade, 1968, Apricot extract in the secondary...Brew'm well gentlemen!

#2 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

I hear ya! I'm doing twenty gallons total, four different beers. Splitting one 10 gallon batch tomorrow to make a lager and an ale from same wort, and on Sunday I'm doing up ten gallons of wit that I'm going to add fruit to half of. Been planning for a while and got snowed out yesterday, so really looking forward to it!

#3 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

Just came back from LHBS with a smack pack of 1056 for an ale this Saturday. Need to build up a good yeast cake for the barleywine in a week or two. :)

#4 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

I'm kicking around the idea of an imperial porter. I've got a yeast cake of 2450 that needs something to chew on.

#5 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Bottling a Vienna lager and transferring an ESB and Amarillo Pale...Not brewing til the 2nd...

#6 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Kegging 20 gallons and getting to the dort I never got to last weekend.

#7 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

I'm finishing up my 40 Gallon spring break with a Barleywine and a smoked bitter for the second runnings.Oh, Tommorrow that is.

#8 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

I wanted to, but Saturday we have plans to attend a birthday bash and Sunday I HAVE to go to Russian River Brewing for some food and drink. :sarcasm:Wait, what??

#9 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

A big beer related weekend ahead for me! Ramped up a starter of 1056 last night and am making a starter of 1968 tonight. Also, heading to Schlafly Bottleworks for some sodas after work today. Dreweslu, will you be around? Saturday, helping a buddy with his first ever homebrew session and then heading to the International Tap House in Chesterfield that night. Sunday, brewing my Magic Hat #9 clone. MO, 60L, Columbus, Cascade, 1968, Apricot extract in the secondary...Brew'm well gentlemen!

Yea, I'm here all night, I'm brewing some Kolsch and milling in some Hefeweizen.Brewing up an all aromatic malt and styrian goldings beer at MBC at some point, too.

#10 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Just tell whoever's at the host desk that you're here to see me and they should let you in back.

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

WBTW threads are permitted only on or after the Friday prior to the weekend in question. Who's our Comptroller of Who's Brewing This Weekend? :sarcasm:

#12 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

WBTW threads are permitted only on or after the Friday prior to the weekend in question. Who's our Comptroller of Who's Brewing This Weekend? Posted Image

Since I'm getting ready to crush grain for tomorrow's batch - you're overruled Posted Image

#13 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Since I'm getting ready to crush grain for tomorrow's batch - you're overruled Posted Image

Unless you're brewing on the weekend, STFU and GOML.

#14 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

Unless you're brewing on the weekend, STFU and GOML.

My weekends are longer than yours....... Posted Image

#15 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

My weekends are longer than yours....... Posted Image

My Weekends start on wednesday. :sarcasm: I am planning on a munich porter on saturday, grains i just crushed.Edit:Grammar

Edited by Kegdude, 25 March 2010 - 04:40 PM.

#16 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

WBTW threads are permitted only on or after the Friday prior to the weekend in question. Who's our Comptroller of Who's Brewing This Weekend? :sarcasm:

12 gallons of American brown going down on saturday. Putting it on a cake of 4th generation S-04. I realize you can cheaply resupply the dry yeast, but I feel it gets tastier the 3-6th generation. Oh and MB can you hold off on letting my post through until 12:01? :smilielol: Too late I guess. :sarcasm:

#17 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

Well, mine will be a "weekend brew". After looking at the weather for the weekend the afternoon off tomorrow will be in the yard doing spring cleanup. Rain over the weekend, and the basement brewery will get fired up then. A simple APA to build yeast for the house 3rd Day RyePA.

#18 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Just tell whoever's at the host desk that you're here to see me and they should let you in back.

Couldn't get up there last night, Drew. Had a last minute parenting duty come up. Will try again next week.

#19 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21365 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

I would be brewing today but, I have to work.Prom is this weekend and I have photo shoots lined up from noon until 6.

#20 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

I'm sitting here, watching my wort boil away, I look over and what do I see? The paper bag that has the pound and a half of brown malt I stopped at the LHBS to get as it was the only thing missing from my grain inventory. Lot of good that did me :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users