#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Sprayed stuff down with StarSan. Two minutes later it's on the stirplate.1272 RyePA later this week.Posted Image

#2 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

For me it is the additional time on brew day to can the wort that made me wait so long. Once I have it though, it's exactly like you describe.

#3 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

For me, it's the only way to go.Beach

#4 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:21 AM

Yeah, I have to make a couple gallons to can too. It's sooooooooooooo much easier to get a starter going. But like already said, it's more work upfront.

#5 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

Rock on! :wub:

#6 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64131 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

Just finished canning about 6 gallons of starter wort, 24 quarts, 11 pints. :shock:It is a time consuming process on the front end (I actually did an entire mash just for starters), but it's not as intense as actually brewing a batch. During the starter mash and canning process I can do other things. When brewing a normal batch I'm usually concentrated on cleaning, sanitizing, remembering what I'm supposed to add, watching the time, etc. Canning the starters really pays off on the back end IMO. During the week between work and the kid and the house and whatever else, by the time I get a minute to myself it takes a whole lot of motivation to get me to do much of anything. Having the starters canned definitely increases the likelihood that I'll make a starter (and in turn brew a batch).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users