#1 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25634 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hey Brewbasser. There are a couple Sierra Nevada beer festivals going on. Any of these beers yours?Sierra Nevada Artisan Ale Experience at The Bistro in Hayward. Five Sierra Nevada beers will be served, including their Limited Release Chico IPA, Brown Saison, Bigfoot Barleywine-style Ale, Summerfest and their new Kellerweis Bavarian Hefeweizen. 6-9 p.m.Sierra Nevada Artisan Ale Experience at The Toronado in San Francisco. Five Sierra Nevada beers will be served, including their Limited Release Chico IPA, Brown Saison, Bigfoot Barleywine-style Ale, Summerfest and their new Kellerweis Bavarian Hefeweizen. 6-9 p.m.Source informationzymot

#2 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Chico IPA has my handprints all over it.BrewBasser

#3 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

How long has it been since Sierra has started broadening horizons? I think it's a great thing BTW - I have always been a fan and Sierra along with Pete's and Anchor shaped my beer experience in the beginning. I am stoked to see Sierra launching some new products as many of the original craft breweries that reshaped my beer world have been stagnant and not really come out with anything new. Can't wait to try some of the newer brews when I find them down here in San Diego. Kudos to you all Brewbasser.

#4 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

I don't know the timelines. There has been the brewmasters taphandle program since I got hired 2 years ago, but we are doing some funky stuff with beer camp and the such.You just need to be on top of your distributor to get the good stuff!(Hint, look for our brown saison excellently formulated by one of our staff brewers, Isaiah.)I get my shot to brew another beer a bit later this year.It is good working for a brewery that is ready and willing to have its brewers be creative rather than just being line workers.BrewBasser

#5 LoveThemBrowns

LoveThemBrowns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Pretty cool, BB about the new beer, and nice to see you here. doesn't everyone want to work for an employer that values its employees?? beer or no beer?(the answer is yes)

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

BB is the brown Saison gonna come over to the east coast? That sounds like that would be a great combination. You guys brew some great beers, ESB and the Torpedo especially are really nice. Its nice that your employer treats you that well too. Keep up the great work!! Look foward to your personal creation later on this year then too. Mike

#7 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25634 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:06 AM

I think I heard that Sierra Nevada is planning on releasing a German style Hefeweizen for regular full distribution. I do not know if the Hefe served at these festivals will be the same Hefe that will be distributed. They already have a (American style) Wheat. I am dubious about how much German style Hefeweizen a brewery can sell in America. We will see.zymot

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Zymot, I remember reading a new story on Alltop Beer News Link a couple of months ago and I posted and BB I believe said it was for full distribution and replacing the current wheat I think? There is a new microbrewery here that made their flagship a German Hefeweizen with 3068. My homebrew club took a tour last month and its a fabulous beer. They were going for a style not popular to bring to public. They seem to be growing and going strong so far too. I agree with you its not common but I guess you can say never say never.

#9 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35407 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

Chico IPA has my handprints all over it.BrewBasser

I was drinking this last night. Damn good stuff BB! :wacko:The description said some sort of mistake was made while brewing and it needed more hops or something. Whats that all about?

#10 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

First, the heffe. Yes, we just packaged the beer and its first release will be in northern california and nevada with nationwide release in a few months. It is called "Kellerweis" and should all see it pretty soon. It is a true heffe with big banana and clove notes.(BTW, if you like our red label wheat beer and see it in your stores buy it now.......it has gone the way of the T-Rex)The Chico IPA started as a chico estate harvest ale, but a mix up lead to us deciding to make a completely different beer as a giant hop bomb.BrewBasser

#11 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

First, the heffe. Yes, we just packaged the beer and its first release will be in northern california and nevada with nationwide release in a few months. It is called "Kellerweis" and should all see it pretty soon. It is a true heffe with big banana and clove notes.(BTW, if you like our red label wheat beer and see it in your stores buy it now.......it has gone the way of the T-Rex)The Chico IPA started as a chico estate harvest ale, but a mix up lead to us deciding to make a completely different beer as a giant hop bomb.BrewBasser

handprints??

#12 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

handprints??

The mix up wasn't mine, however the hop decision post mix up was.I believe that the exchange went thusly:Steve (Master brewer): So, what do you want to do, Chris?Me: Let's freaking hop it up!Steve: [sighs while smiling] I figured. Lemme know what you throw in there.BrewBasser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users