#1 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

There's one on CL for $50 but I've never heard of it before. Anyone here have experience with this?

#2 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

The gap isn't adjustable. But for the price it's pretty good and it's about my only qualms from the quick research I did. A lot better than the corona mills they are trying to pawn off at lhbs. Side note: while they sell the corona mill they exclusivley use the same barely crusher I own.

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

not much love here - but they're discussing an adjustable modelhttps://www.homebrew...le-mill-119385/

#4 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

not much love here - but they're discussing an adjustable modelhttps://www.homebrew...le-mill-119385/

Ouch! I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one of the BB-approved mills new.

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Ouch! I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one of the BB-approved mills new.

I would invest the extra in the Barley Crusher. I've got the 15 pound hopper model. I have not felt the need to motorize it as my cordless drill does just fine. I adjusted the gap and get a finer crush than most probably would like, but my manifold is killer and I'm getting 78% Eff.

#6 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

I would invest the extra in the Barley Crusher. I've got the 15 pound hopper model. I have not felt the need to motorize it as my cordless drill does just fine. I adjusted the gap and get a finer crush than most probably would like, but my manifold is killer and I'm getting 78% Eff.

Im getting 75-80 using the hand crank. But I also suggest in just getting something worth the money the first time around.

#7 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Im getting 75-80 using the hand crank. But I also suggest in just getting something worth the money the first time around.

I tried the hand crank the first time... took me 10 times the amount of time that it takes me with a drill... my arm was getting tired! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users