#1 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42111 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Picked up this yeast by mistake the other day. After reading the info on the white labs site I was wondering if I'd be able to use this in a porter with good results since it says it will bring a more malty profile. What do you guys think of this yeast and what did you use it in?

#2 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:47 AM

link to yeast profileLooks OK, Supposedly you will have a porter with a sweet finish. Should be interesting.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54189 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:47 AM

This is supposed to be Sam Adam's ale yeast. I have to say that I have brewed with it before and I thought it was absolutely foul. It has a bizarre, tangy profile to it that I don't care for at all. When our LHBS used to carry Wyeast and White Labs (and the yeast would be past its date...), the owner would let you take anything you wanted so I grabbed a couple of vials of this. Made the beer, I believe I threw out the beer (could've just been my process or my tastebuds) and then I brought the other vial to a homebrewers gathering and gave it away. :P Let us know how it comes out... maybe you will enjoy it & you can tell me that I'm crazy. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users