3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54277 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

My son's basketball team is playing a game today and then there is an end-of-the-season party at one of the parent's houses. Not wanting to leave the beer selection to chance, I hit my local mega-liquor store (Binny's). I browsed through the 1000s of beers there and then found a small shelf with a bunch of sixers and I didn't recognize it. It turned out to be Crown Valley beer from St. Genivieve, MO. I picked up the Old School Pilsner (a Bohemian Pils with Saaz hops) and also Antique Amber Lager (German Malt & Noble hops). I passed on the Big Bison Dubbel... but realized that since my son's team is called The Bison, it would've been a good choice. It's mezmerizing how many new beers I see when I go to the store these days, honestly... there are 10 or 20 beers/breweries that I never heard of. Anyone know anything good about these Crown Valley beers? I'll be sampling them later this afternoon & evening. :cheers:

#2 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

I haven't had all of them, but the Hefe and Dubbel were good when I had them. But, I believe the brewing staff has changed since then, but I'm not too sure either way.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54277 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

I had a few bottles of the Amber Lager tonight... good stuff. My wife was drinking the Pilsner and said it was "hoppy", which I would expect. Always good to try something new. Cheers.

#4 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Ha! About 10 minutes after I posted this...the brewers came down stairs with glasses of Smoked Imperial Brown Ale in hand!Unfortunately, I was getting ready to knock out and had two other groups of visitors down there at the same time, so we couldn't really chit-chat. They seemed like really nice fellas, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users