#1 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12422 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

I'm trying to load an image that's 71 x 99, 5.77 kb and it's failing. Anyone else having problems or am I just stoopid?

#2 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

How is it failing? Are you getting an error message? Is it located on your computer or on the web? If it's on the web post a link. If it's on your computer, I'll give you my e-mail addy and you can send it to me.

#3 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12422 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

It's a local file, I'm getting an error that the load failed and to contact an administrator.

#4 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

I tried to link to my avatar in Photobucket, but I get an error that says No avatar selected.

#5 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

How is it failing? Are you getting an error message? Is it located on your computer or on the web? If it's on the web post a link. If it's on your computer, I'll give you my e-mail addy and you can send it to me.

Check the permissions on your upload folder.

#6 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Check the permissions on your upload folder.

That might be it but I was able to upload my snowy tiger. Keith hasn't given me root access yet so I can't look into it but I'll contact him and try to get it fixed. Thanks for bearing with us guys.

#7 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

Right now Mods have avatar upload ability, but Members don't. Disk space is a little tighter on this host, so I have disabled that while the mods discuss whether we have the room to allow avatar uploads. For now, you should be able to link to an offsite avatar.

#8 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

That might be it but I was able to upload my snowy tiger. Keith hasn't given me root access yet so I can't look into it but I'll contact him and try to get it fixed. Thanks for bearing with us guys.

Well if you were able to upload without any problems, then it most likely isn't the folder permissions. It has to be in the Group Permissons.

#9 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Keith posted the explanation above. I saw a post of his in the MC that said essentially the same thing and was on my way back here to let you guys know. But he beat me here.So anyway, bottom line is that at least for now, members can't upload avatars. Best bet is to try a free hosting site like imageshack, photobucket or similar.

#10 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Nope, linking a avatar from Photobucket doesn't work. I get the same error message as I posted above -- "No avatar was selected, please go back and correct this error"

#11 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Nope, linking a avatar from Photobucket doesn't work. I get the same error message as I posted above -- "No avatar was selected, please go back and correct this error"

Hmmm... maybe photobucket is one of those sites that blocks offsite linking? Other members seem to be getting it to work, so that makes me think it isn't this site.

#12 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:02 AM

I've linked other pics from Photobucket. When I get to the avatar page, there's a space for adding a URL. I paste the URL and then I get that message or a message that the file extension isn't valid.Posted ImageWorks fine to link it here! It seems that the URL box on the avatar page doesn't allow long links, so the end of the link gets cut off, so the link itself is rejected. When I shortened the file name, it worked fine.

#13 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5989 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:05 AM

Personal photo seems to be disabled, too.

#14 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hey, thanks for making the avatar upload work.I'm black.. er back.Back in black. Er.. I'm boycotting metallica so forget that one.

#15 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Er.. I'm boycotting metallica so forget that one.

AC/DC, you mean? :)

#16 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

AC/DC, you mean? :)

Ya know old pal, when I shut off the 'puter late last night and took my beer mug back to the kitchen to wash (after the third fill up) I realized this. Thinking it was a good idea to log off and hit the sack when so tired and plastered I can't even remember what songs my fave metal bands played.So, I do stand corrected sir!The song was by AC/DC. But I'm STILL boycotting Metalica, those fraggin' bastages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users