#1 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

All my kegs are empty and it'll be at least a few months before I have anything ready to keg. I've run line-cleaner through the serving lines, followed by iodophor solution. They are currently filled with iodophor solution. Should I store them this way, or blow out the iodophor with CO2? If so, should I also take the cobra taps apart so the serving lines get some air and have a chance to dry out?

Edited by shmgeggie, 03 March 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#2 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

I would blow the iodophor out because it might stain the hose. I just leave everything attached until it is needed.

#3 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

I transfer my beer downstairs through a 25' 1/2" ID tube. At the end of the brewday I rinse it out with water.Then I fill it with starsan and drain it.What is left behind is anti-microbial when it dries.Been going on same hose for 3 years now.

#4 Hentai

Hentai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBrookfield,IL

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

I transfer my beer downstairs through a 25' 1/2" ID tube. At the end of the brewday I rinse it out with water.

We brew at my brothers house and the worst part of brew day is the carrying of fermenters from the garage into the basement.How is this set up? Direct from the chiller?

#5 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

... How is this set up? Direct from the chiller?

I have a male/male QDC union. All hoses are female QDC.Before flowing wort, I recycle boiling water from the HLT, pump, CFWC, and back to the HLT for 15 minutes.
    [*]At knock out I:[*]kill the pumps[*]connect pump intake to the BK[*]disconnect CFWC output[*] flow water slowly and drop onto the deck[*]connect to the 25' fermenter hose when I see wort[*]at bottom of BK feed I switch pump input back to the HLT[*]pump out pump, hoses and CFWC[*]when I see water I break the fermenter hose[*]lift and drain all the hose into the fermenter[*]put hoses away and clean-up[/list]The receiving end courtesy of Mr. BlichmanPosted Image

#6 Hentai

Hentai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBrookfield,IL

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

Very cool thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users