#1 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

I just found and tried this beer.Website says:Style: Amber Ale Food Pairing: Poultry, PorkTasting Notes: Roasted chipotle peppers produce an eye opening chile flavor in this deep golden ale with a malty, smoky aroma and smooth, crisp flavor. 8 Ingredients:Malts: Harrington, Klages & Maier Munich.Hops: Cascade and Willamette.Specialty: Chipotle Peppers.Yeast & Water: Rogue's Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.Dang I can't seem to find that water at my LHBS. Guess I'll have to find some acceptable substitute.OTOH, I DO have the yeast.IMHO, it could use a bit more heat, but that's why we brew eh? Now to work up a recipe.

#2 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

I just found and tried this beer.Website says:Style: Amber Ale Food Pairing: Poultry, PorkTasting Notes: Roasted chipotle peppers produce an eye opening chile flavor in this deep golden ale with a malty, smoky aroma and smooth, crisp flavor. 8 Ingredients:Malts: Harrington, Klages & Maier Munich.Hops: Cascade and Willamette.Specialty: Chipotle Peppers.Yeast & Water: Rogue's Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.Dang I can't seem to find that water at my LHBS. Guess I'll have to find some acceptable substitute.OTOH, I DO have the yeast.IMHO, it could use a bit more heat, but that's why we brew eh? Now to work up a recipe.

Interesting. I just brewed a Cream Ale this weekend and last night my keg of Moose Drool kicked. Need to think about another batch. This sounds interesting. Might have to run to BevMo to see if they have this to try out.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

Stout Fan. I would be interested in seeing the recipe you work up for a beer like this. We could do a recipe swap. I am planning to work up a recipe myself too with this beer as inspiration. I had Chipotle ale on tap at a local restaurant and it was outstanding. I agree it could have additional heat but it was spicy and I really enjoyed it. My friend also bought me a bottle of this a few weeks back and I drank that already too. It was actually better on tap than bottle but both excellent.I am thinking of maybe brewing a basic pale ale with a nice malty backbone and adding in some chilis in secondary too. We will see but this is in range for me as well. I should use the Pacman yeast as you suggested I need to kick off some brews with that yeast soon too.

#4 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Recipe formulation link

#5 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Dang I can't seem to find that water at my LHBS.

I've got a river full of it (literally) just down the hill from my house.....c'mon by and pick some up! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users