#21 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25630 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

Wow, that was easy. You should consider charging for this service.

Great Idea! That will be $10.00 please.

#22 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

Congratulations, DJ!May I humbly suggest a DoppelStickeAltbier?

#23 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Congratulations, DJ!May I humbly suggest a DoppelStickeAltbier?

That would be plan B. I have a fermenter with WL036 (think that's it) that should be ready to keg soon. That would have enough yeast.The 2308 is slowly coming to life (3/06 mfg)Posted Image It might be ready by spring..... So, how do you make one of these DoppelStickeAltbiers?Posted Image

#24 klickcue

klickcue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

I like the DoppelStickeAltbier idea, maybe I could get a little taste sometime :)

#25 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

I like the DoppelStickeAltbier idea, maybe I could get a little taste sometime Posted Image

You had a taste of the last Sticke I madePosted Image . Making a doppel shouldn't be too tough - and it'll be around for a long time so lots of tastes should be around.... . You probably figured out this is from your yeast culture too. Thanks!!!!!!!!

#26 klickcue

klickcue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

You had a taste of the last Sticke I madePosted Image . Making a doppel shouldn't be too tough - and it'll be around for a long time so lots of tastes should be around.... . You probably figured out this is from your yeast culture too. Thanks!!!!!!!!

I have more yeast if you run out. :zhitit: Ah, but that must have been a least July of last year. Excellent by the way, but I am forgetful so I need a refresher :) Working on a 3 month old Duss Alt that is brilliantly clear. Couldn't ask for better.Waiting to try your next showcase!

#27 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

Wow, that was easy. You should consider charging for this service.

Bills in the mail. :)

#28 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

I have some really old 2308 that's been stored cold. I think I'll smack it at lunch. That would give me almost 2 weeks to build a starter. A Vienna Lager sounds good.

I gave up on this yeast, Mfg 3/06 and smacked it 2/15. I showed it to drewseslu this past weekend. He thought he heard some activity in it. I thought he was deep into the Steam beer on tap. It was just as flat as when I smacked it.That sucker swelled up tighter than a drum since then. Guess I'm gonna brew a lager.......... Starter's on the stirplate.

#29 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

I gave up on this yeast, Mfg 3/06 and smacked it 2/15. I showed it to drewseslu this past weekend. He thought he heard some activity in it. I thought he was deep into the Steam beer on tap. It was just as flat as when I smacked it.That sucker swelled up tighter than a drum since then. Guess I'm gonna brew a lager.......... Starter's on the stirplate.

Steam beer notwithstanding...I would probably step that baby up once or twice before pitching...

#30 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Steam beer notwithstanding...I would probably step that baby up once or twice before pitching...

Jeez, you sound like my dad.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#31 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

Haha...I told your little story to the lab crew, they got a kick out it...and asked why I didn't just bring whole growler of yeast back for you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users