2 replies to this topic

#1 grenner

grenner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

I was told in previous postings that in order to get the best chocolate flavor in my beer is to use Nibbs. Does anyone have any suggestions to an alternative becasue I've looked all over the place and cant find this unicorn.

#2 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

I was told in previous postings that in order to get the best chocolate flavor in my beer is to use Nibbs. Does anyone have any suggestions to an alternative becasue I've looked all over the place and cant find this unicorn.

This is in the wrong forum - one of the mods will probably move it though, just FYI for future posts :devil: I have heard of people using 100% Cocoa Powder - pure dark chocolate powder according to some labels, just make sure you are getting unsweetened powdered chocolate with absolutely no other additives. This can be added to the boil. As to how to figure out how much to use, now that is another story. No idea, I'd start somewhere in the 2-3oz range and work up if it's not enough. :cheers:

#3 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:04 AM

I guess you didn't Google it ? See here at Amazon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users