• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bigeasy

Bigeasy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Dear Brewbasser, The kid at the counter in my local likka sto today told me,"...our distributor said Torpedo is seasonal,and we can't get any more."I said,"Negatory.It's a regular release."Then the owner came out,a stand up guy,and insisted it was true.I told him they were FOS.He said in any case they can't get it.Please,for the love of all things Holy,tell me they are FOS and soon the pipeline to NE Ohio will refill..... I couldn't have dried the whole supply myself,could I?Thank You.Bigeasy

#2 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

I would like to add that there is still no Torpedo in Peoria. Am I going to have to drive to Chicagoto get some or have someone send me some?Sheeeesh!

#3 Cliff Claven

Cliff Claven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

According to the SN site it is a YEAR AROUND offering!!!!!Print it out and politely correct the owner.(can't say I've had it. It is in the area.)

#4 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

I saw it earlier next to the sixer of SNPA I bought. :)

#5 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I saw it earlier next to the sixer of SNPA I bought. :)

you bought the wrong one, Loving the Torpedo

#6 Lonnie Mac

Lonnie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBacliff, TX

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

So I have looked everywhere here in TX so far... No luck...I strolled in to my local tavern the other night for our monthly brew club meeting (Bay Area Mashtronauts), Tuesday and sit at the bar... This is the Outpost Tavern, a rather famous little astronaut bar outside JSC... Burned down twice and barely standing now...Anywho, I sit at the bar. They are pretty good about getting us some special beers for our club meetings every month... I peer over and see several CASES of Torpedo!It was there!I can say that I thought this was one of the better IPA's that I have ever had BB... Not lying. I peddled this beer onto so many club members as I lamented how I KNOW BB so well, and talk to him online every night and such...

#7 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

you bought the wrong one, Loving the Torpedo

I already had 7 Torpedo's left from last night. I wanted a couple of friends to taste the difference. :)

#8 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

I'm glad my local store got it last week. As a bonus they now carry 6 varities of Sierra Nevada. Prior to that I could only get SNPA and Celebration. I was also happy to see it come in about $7 a 6 pack with or below many of the craft beers they carry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users