• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Karlstad

Terry Karlstad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

I started a mead last Oct, , it has been racked over twice already. I was hoping to add saffron to it this month and bottle next month for aging. However the mead is still cloudy. I would like to clear it up some before adding the saffron. Does anyone know of a clarifier I could use this late in the process ( Gelatin Maybe?) Flavor and aroma is great looks like pond water though.

#2 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I would suggest Sparkolloid. It is my mead clarifier of choice - check out the FAQ on this item. :)

#3 Terry Karlstad

Terry Karlstad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

I would suggest Sparkolloid. It is my mead clarifier of choice - check out the FAQ on this item. :)

Thanks hightest, My buddy here in the office says you are the mead guru and if you recommend it to trust you , so I will. I read the article about spakoloid and noticed it said that it rarely strips the flavor, since I am just starting with mead ( second batch) have you got any pointers you wish to share?

#4 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks hightest... since I am just starting with mead ( second batch) have you got any pointers you wish to share?

Thank you, and yes I have - many of them are already noted in my FAQs posted on this board. Start with the "Basics" and work your way down - don't try to digest them all at one time... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users