#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

LinkyI thought if im gonna get a tower might as well get these taps incase i wanted to make a nice creamy stout or irish ale etc. I assume i would also need a bottle of beer gas, and a nitrogen regulator. anything else?

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:04 AM

LinkyI thought if im gonna get a tower might as well get these taps incase i wanted to make a nice creamy stout or irish ale etc. I assume i would also need a bottle of beer gas, and a nitrogen regulator. anything else?

I think that would do it. Is this for future expansion?

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

Creamer faucets aren't like stout faucets. In a stout faucet the beer is always going through the restrictor plate, which requires high pressure and low carbonation levels and so you must use mixed gas. With a creamer faucet, it's a faucet with two "open" positions. When you pour the beer it is like a regular faucet, then you can activate the creamer pour (usually by pushing the handle backwards rather than pulling it towards you) and the beer is squeezed through a small opening which makes it foam up allowing you to create a nice foamy head. I don't believe these faucets do not require mixed gas, but I have no personal experience with them.Also, check out this thread about the new Perlicks, Dean posted his comments after picking up the 575SS towards the end of the thread.https://www.brews-bros.xyz/index.php/topic/3301-so-is-this-a-new-faucet

Edited by chuck_d, 04 January 2010 - 06:22 AM.

#4 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

I think that would do it. Is this for future expansion?

Yes I'm building my mini fridge into double tap tower kegerator. and i figured if it was possible, to set it up for possible nitrogen taps too, because sometimes Nothing beats a stout served on nitro IMHO

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

Yes I'm building my mini fridge into double tap tower kegerator. and i figured if it was possible, to set it up for possible nitrogen taps too, because sometimes Nothing beats a stout served on nitro IMHO

sounds like you might want to get an actual stout faucet then :frank:

#6 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:39 AM

sounds like you might want to get an actual stout faucet then :frank:

ya I know, I probably will down the road, I just thought maybe perlick had made a faucet that was regular and stout all-in-one (please excuse me because i honestly ddint know the full science of the stout faucet, just that I love the way it tastes :-) )

#7 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

No need to be excused, that's what the forum is all about. There's always more to learn about beer.

#8 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

No need to be excused, that's what the forum is all about. There's always more to learn about beer.

Here - I'll ask this then, if not for stouts, what is the creamer faucet for?

#9 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

... Nothing beats a stout served on nitro IMHO

Except a Russian IMPERIAL stout. :frank:

#10 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

That particular creamer faucet is fine for stouts- or any other styles for that matter. It will give a fluffier "creamier" head right from the pour, but will not last. It would be the equivalent of pouring a soda quickly into a glass, and getting a large foam from disturbance. A true nitro poured stout gets its creaminess not just from the creamer faucet, but from the finer bubbles in the nitrogen or beergas. that is also what performs the cascading effect that is even cooler IMHO. The perlick creamer is more of a novelty.

#11 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

It's for making a nice head on your beer. In America, we actually have moved away from beer foam. People whine that they aren't getting a "true pint" when there is foam in their glass. In Germany and much of Europe a foamy head is expected. I see creamer faucets around at a lot of places here, some are even automated. So you pour your beer in the glass, then you pour foam on top and have a very presentable beer with a nice head on it. It's for use with any beer style almost really. Maybe not "real" ale.

#12 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

... It's for use with any beer style almost really. Maybe not "real" ale.

Actually they use sprinkler heads for that purpose. So it might actually work in that situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users