#21 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

DD, I feel ya. It's normally the wind associated with cold weather here that kills things. I tried all kind of last minute wind blocks, only to have them blown over (and usually taking something else with it).You might think about a for real project and build a small shed, with three walls. On bad days or the odd direction wind, you could add a tarp over the other opening.You'd only be talking 5-4x4x10', 4 sheets of some sort of plywood, 6-2x4x12, 9-2x4x8, and 3-sheets of 2x8 corrugated metal roofing. That would be for a 6x6'. It would be tight but would work. You could make it 8x8 by adding a little more materials. By making it 6x6 you could have enough wood left to make 2' of the front closed too.You could orient it so the opening faces SE. I think that's probably our least prevelant wind, but you could find that out and fit it accordingly. Then you would block the NE, N, NW, W, and SW.Make the wood go all the way to the ground, and leave the gap at the top. I bet it would get used a lot. :cheers: Let me know, I could draw it up for you. It would be real basic, but work.

#22 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationSW MI

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

i just wish i could close my garage door. it's insulated (poorly) but i can't have the CO from the burner. i'm thinking about getting myself a box fan to help exhaust the gas while keeping the door slightly closed.

#23 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

I just wish I could close my garage door. It's insulated (poorly) but I can't have the CO from the burner. I'm thinking about getting myself a box fan to help exhaust the gas while keeping the door slightly closed.

Don't you have a CO monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users